Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

peace
Senior Contributor

Soul Saddness

Hi. I read something today that rang so true to me, about depression being classified as a Sad Soul. It made me want to hug and love my soul, it also made me want to cry in despair. I longed to express a deep compassion for my soul. Sometimes words help, sometimes their are just words, empty of warmth. Connection helps more than I have to admit. As much as I can handle being alone, I have to admit that human company helps reduce the depth of loneliness and being stuck with the crazy thoughts that grow into monsters as time passes by. I so appreciate Sane helping to bring some of us together. 

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Soul Saddness

hello and hugs again my friend @peace Heart

yes we do need interacion with other people 

how are you going today xx

hope you are ok 

we need to love ourselves and to be kind to ourselves too 

Former-Member
Not applicable

20200608-151233_1.jpeg

Hi @peace  @Shaz51  sadness is a heavy load, whatever the cause. I've battled Major Depression and anxiety for decades, running out of steam (energy which actually helps the anxiety part lol) but trying to find a mantra to prioritise daily emotional focus for my soul, I came up with three words:

Discovery

Gratitude

Compassion

(in that order)

Kinda helps a bit. When Im  not too swamped to remember... Hugz💐

@

Hi @peace Smiley Happy

It sounds like you had a transcendent experience when reading about the notion of a "Sad Soul." It almost sounds like you experienced a profound sense of grief and a subsequent outpouring of compassion towards yourself. That is a powerful human experience you've had!

I just wanted to extend a genuine, heartfelt thanks for your gratitude to SANE in helping you connect with others. It makes all the difference when you do not feel so alone in such experiences. Heart

Take very good care of yourself!

Kindest,

Amour_Et_Psyché

During a bad depressive episode while back I happen upon this beautiful poem by Rolf Jacobsen, it's called Guardian Angel.

I am the bird that knocks at your window in the morning
and your companion, whom you cannot know,
the blossoms that light up for the blind.

I am the glacier’s crest above the forests, the dazzling one

and the brass voices from cathedral towers.
The thought that suddenly comes over you at midday
and fills you with a singular happiness.

I am one you have loved long ago.
I walk alongside you by day and look intently at you
and put my mouth on your heart
but you don’t know it.

I am your third arm and your second
shadow, the white one,
whom you don’t have the heart for
and who cannot ever forget you.

Hey @Midge0z , 

Welcome to the SANE forums! It's great to have you here and thanks for sharing such a beautiful poem with the forum community. 

I'm sure you'll find the forum is a safe space to share your story and also where community members offer support, information and connection.   I'm the moderator this evening.   Feel free to ask the SANE forum team or the members if you need help with how to use the forum. You might like to check out the Guidelines as they can be a pretty useful in understanding how it all works  https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage#community-guidelines.  Take care and enjoy the rest of your night 🙂 

I thank you for words that bestowed clarity to my mind and thank you also for extending comfort, so very much appreciated.

Hi I like the words, expression of intent.

Hi @Shaz51 I visited a place today that I knew was safe  and comforting. I visited you. Thank you @Shaz51 and all here at Sane. I've been thru the ringer this past year or so. I have advanced breast cancer. I feel practically a shell of who/what I am. No wonder my soul sad.😪

@peace  I appreciated how you wrote your post. You said so much in a short paragraph.

I have definitely felt the soul sadness/despair. I never thought to respond with compassion to my own soul, just to that of others.  Thankyou.

I also echo the Sane connection. Take care. 💞💞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance