Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Son (22) with schizophrenia

thank you xx

@Former-Member@Former-Member@patientpatient@Faith-and-Hope@Sunshine888555

My son is still on his depot, a monthly injection. In the last year we have tried to lessen the amount but when my son's dad flew in from Asia and made a brief appearance for two days, my son requested to be put back in hospital. He hadn't slept for days, being anxious to see his dad again (Their relationship I can write a book over) and when we brought him back to the airport, my son got very unwell in the car. He mumbled we were not his mum and dad and he had always known we were transdimensial reptiles etc etc.

I took him home and he crashed so I let him sleep, as we had an appointment to see his Psych next day anyway. From then on his meds were increased again, and we flew to Holland in June.

When we came back, the extra wafers he was given on top of his doubled injection, had to be reduced.

We found without these extra wafers, he can't go to sleep until early morning hours. So at times he does take a wafer or two. The Psych now wants to try new medication. 

My son needs to be in hospital for 2 weeks, and after that regular blood tests.

He has told the Psych he is now ready for it, but after we come back from our trips in May. 

He doesnt want the blood test get into the way of our trips, which is very considerate of him.

I love him to bits. He still get weekly 3 hours visit of a mental care health worker and they just sit and talk.

I have never met the guy, but i think he is wonderful, it must not be easy sitting with someone for 3 hours who is not very social.

The main reasson my son wants to try the new medication is, he wants to get his motivation back. He is sick of sitting home alone, bored out of his brain. He does occassional volunteering, but there is not much around. (that he likes) He tried volunteering once a week at a nursing home. He found it fullfilling, but he couldn't continue as he said he has his own issues to deal with. So he stopped after going twice, which was a shame.

Anyway, gotta go, have a great day you all!

xx

@Grasshopper3

thank you for letting us know how you both are..

you have both been through so much...

your son does sound very intuned with himself when making decisions despite being on such strong medication...

I think that this is very encouraging...even if there are still times of lacking motivation,,interest..energy..

very sensible to postpone until after the trip..

yes you love him to bits...that shines through so strongly..

I can understand the volunteering at a nursing home perhaps too much of a parallel with some of the patient's conditions....capabilities..

the mental health worker definitely sounds like one to hang on to..

sending you both a huge hug Heart

good morning @Grasshopper3 @Former-Member @patientpatient @Sunshine888555 @Faith-and-Hope

how are things in your world...?

hoping that you can catch a smile from the one/s you care for....

only respond when you feel able....sitting in the background silently is accepted here and something I do often on other threads...

all part of self-care

Heart

@Former-Member @patientpatient @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member

To all carers (I can't remember anymore names to tag @lol)

HeartHAPPY VALENTINES DAYHeart             

LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU ALL

from Grasshopper3

HeartHeartHeart

You too @Grasshopper3 .... ❣️

Hey @Former-Member .... 🤗👋💕

good morning @Grasshopper3

thinking of you both...

sending you calm and serenity mixed together with love xxHeartHeart

@MIFANTCARER
I bumped into your post about the MIFANT drop in centre.
You deserve a medal, keep up the good work, you're beautiful soul
I'm checking out (again) if there is such thing in W.A. for my son and I to go to.
Thanks again,
Grasshopper3
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance