Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Son (22) with schizophrenia

Happy Father's day @patientpatient
Thinking especially of you today Bro

Thank you @Former-Member. It's been a quiet day. Son told me he'll wish me a happy father's day "soon". I thought he'd forgotten but he's just waiting for the right moment. So far (5pm) the moment is yet to arrive.

oh so glad that lovely @Former-Member thought of you

has brought tears to my eyes.....you are all in the back of my mind somewhere just very cloudy in there laugh

bless him for saying that he will wish you happy father's day soon

I just touched the photograph of my son on the fridge and now the tears are flowing

bless you all xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Are you back @Grasshopper3?

@Grasshopper3

Are you here with us?

if you are no pressure....won't bombard you with questions

just hello...hope that you are safe

sending you warmhearted wishes

Former-Member
Not applicable

@patientpatient
Checking in to see how you are going.
Darcy

Hello @patientpatient

I came here to see how you were and found the lovely @Former-Member already looking after you...

are the challenges lessening in strength?   

How are you?  

I have reached out for your guidance before and am still so very grateful for the time you took to respond..

This can be such a difficult time of year for so many of us...I want family connection yet struggle so much leading up to the moment...

I hope that there are some special moments coming up for you....with your son as well as for you as a person as well as a father..

here if you want to talk..vent..rave...or even tell jokes... @Former-Member So very good at that..

would be lovely to hear how you both are...

no pressure to respond..

as always take care

Thanks @Former-Member and hello to @Former-Member. Doing OK here. Son has started P/T work for a few hours a week. Tentative steps in the right direction and he's got much better support this time. Quiet Christmas coming up, which is how we like it. Thanks for the message. I've been reading your posts and sorry to hear that times are difficult. Not too sure how to respond since I tend to be practical, and am pathetic at being empathetic. If you're on holidays, switching off the phone for a few days could be a good idea.... you can have some "me" time. 

hello @patientpatient

thank you for replying so soon....

wonderful news re your son starting part time work...his medication adaption helping with more motivation and a little more energy?

yes tentative steps and more support so very important..

even though my own son has sent such hurtful messages and not yet receding any medical help...I think that his attempts at leading a very healthy lifestyle are being thwarted by his delusional paranoia...

despite that hearing such progress for both your son and self warms my heart...

the more positive stories....bring me hope..

ps no need to compare writing styles with others...

practical responses more than welcome..

have you something in mind for yourself during part of the time son working?  Release for some of pent up feelings...punching bag with boxing gloves? Rafting the Rapids? 

Anything that you enjoy really.. Basically to have time to yourself to think...to switch off alert buttons..

even findind a peaceful spot..doing nothing...just unwinding...without feeling guilty..

take care..

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance