Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Calmblueocean
Senior Contributor

Something funny

Hi. I have a habit of talking to myself. Usually just at home while i am talking myself through tasks.  I was at the pool today and i am trying to make the transition from breaststroke laps to freestyle laps. There was only one other lady in the pool.  Well i forgot where i was and was getting a bit frustrated with myself and made some comment to myself and the lady actually got out of the pool  looked at me like i was an alien and went to the other pool. Could only laugh .

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Something funny

@Calmblueocean  Hey Calmblueocean look at it this way you got the whole pool to yourself :D. Maybe I should try that. Love greenpeaxx

Nice to have that extra space in the pool 🙂 @Calmblueocean Thanks for sharing this one. Hope you're travelling well!

Hi @Calmblueocean 

Yeah - you got the whole pool to yourself - fantastic

Actually - talking to oneself is entirely normal - I had a cat for 15 years and talked to her all the time and as life goes the cat had to leave 😞 but I still talk - to myself - I am entirely agreeable to myself so I am on good terms with my audience

And I talk to myself outside of the house too - supermarket - waiting rooms - wherever - it's been a long time since I was in a swimming pool but I think if I irritated someone else enough by my private conversation my public gave me a dirty look and left I would laugh too

Thanks for sharing

Dec

laughing.jpg

I talk to myself as well! I basically verbalize my thoughts going through my head. It's a lot to do with my anxiety it's soothing to me. I too got weird looks so now instead I sing when I wear headphones in as an alternative haha.

hello @greenpea@nashy@Owlunar@Calmblueocean@Itoqih 

Actually - talking to oneself is entirely normal , i have talked to my furbabies and to myself during the day Heart

@Shaz51  Hey my sister Shaz51 I hope you are having a wonderful Easter. I think many of us are talking to ourselves atm :Dxx

hello my sister @greenpea Smiley Very Happy

ha ha we brought each other a box of maltesers each Smiley LOL

Can relate. I talk to myself a lot, always have done. Sometimes I do different voices depending on my mood. I also talk to Things, like the spider that lives in my letterbox. People walking past my house give me funny looks. I am occasionally embarrassed to be overheard in the supermarket (eg, criticising food items for how much sugar they contain), but people shouldn't creep up on me, should they.

Hey @Shaz51 . Can you explain to me who your furbabies are? I am guessing you are a wildlife carer. That sounds like a really good occupation.  I bet it keeps you busy. Do you mind telling me a bit about what you do. It sounds really interesting. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance