Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

STORMGRL101
Senior Contributor

Scared, frustrated,sad

NDIS.... I had my planning meeting a month or 2 ago..now am waiting to hear back. I’m feeling upset and frustrated because I feel like I’m needing more support atm but nothing can be done until I get my package and I don’t know how long this is going to take. 😢 has anyone got their package and can tell me how long it took after their planning meeting??

In the past week I’ve noticed I’m getting more emotional and irritated and I’m so scared that I’m headed down that downward spiral once again. I was in hospital a few months ago and had a med change and a course of ECT and I was doing ok for awhile but things are starting to get me down and idk what to do. I don’t see my psych until the end of the month and gp in 2 weeks. I’m so disappointed in myself. I can’t go through another crisis. I don’t know if I will survive. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Scared, frustrated,sad

Hi @STORMGRL101, sorry you are having a rough ride. I have never applied for NDIS, but there is an active discussion thread about it here:

https://saneforums.org/t5/Our-experience-stories/Anyone-started-with-the-NDIS/m-p/157210

This discussion thread has been running for about 18 months. There's a huge amount of information about the NDIS in there, and members sharing experiences in an ongoing way.

Hope your support comes through soon.

Re: Scared, frustrated,sad

Things sound really difficult for you at the moment @STORMGRL101 The waiting game with services can feel so anxiety provoking. You've done well to notice the change in yourself and to reach out for support.

I wonder whether it's possible to connect with your GP or psych a little earlier? Sometimes they have a bit of flexibility with that stuff. 

Please know too that if at any time you feel you need a bit more support to help you to get through you can contact Lifeline 13 11 14. Take care 🌻

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance