Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Quotes, poetry and music to help us all

That's beautiful @Meowmy, you certainly are talented with words. Heart

@Flying_Hams @Ali11 @Adge @eth @greenpea @TAB It was at riverside, I watched the boat disappear at horizon, the river was stationary, the sun reflecting on its ripples, I wondered why I had to be there. Never was any hint of commitment, Then a tree fell down. Frightened were the little birds busy making their nests.I heard the sounds of the trees, waves of winds through the trees, From then I walked on alone. But the boat had its strings binding me. Loneliness became my companion. But the heavy baggages on the boat rise with sunrise and haunt at sunset. I drew lines of horizon, hoping the disappearance of the boat can stop memories of the heavy baggages. But only to be found, was the sail boats travel along, leaving colours of the rainbows. So I drew the sailboats . That the echoes of the sailboats sounding the languages of friendships and love.

I think I can lie down and let the moonshine pour over my bed. Because somehow Hope was found again.

yep @Ali11 Cat Happy

@Meowmy  Meowmy was that a dream? I hope so it would be a beautiful dream to have .... my dear friend Meowmy xxxx

Not sure how many of the poets and music fans in here like hiphop, but this video of a New York rapper performing in Melbourne is quite inspiring. She talks about the message in the song (making decisions in life), then does a slow version of the first verse before the full performance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx0SND7WMPM Smiley Happy

Thanks so much for creating & sharing @Flying_Hams How are things for you now?Continuing to volunteer or are you doing paid work too? I’m finding things bumpy due to my brain’s unhelpful thoughts recurring in context of stress of overseas trip for my nephew’s wedding. Learning to just accept it but it makes being functional tricky at times. Wish I wasn’t me but hey we don’t get a choice! All the best to @greenpea @TAB @Meowmy sending my admiration for how you’ve clearly got through so much in the past. Truly hope the present & the future is filled with ease & joy 

May I be peaceful, happy and light in body and spirit.

May I be safe and free from injury.

May I be free from anger, fear and anxiety.

May I learn to look at myself with the eyes of understanding and love.

May I be able to recognise and touch the seeds of joy and happiness in me.

May I learn to identify and see the sources of anger, craving and delusion in me.

May I know how to nourish the seeds of joy in me each day.

May I be able to live fresh, solid and free.

May I be free from attachment and aversion, but not indifferent.

- from Thich Nhat Hanh

When Life Knocks You Down, Roll Over And Look At The Stars ...

113 best Funny images on Pinterest | Jokes quotes ...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance