Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Peter126
Casual Contributor

Ptsd

Hi every one i am new to all of this so i hope you can be kind i suffer from major deppression annxiety and ptsd caused by my family but i am trying to get better but it is really hard thanks every one

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Ptsd

Hi and welcome, @Peter126  , it's good to have you here.

I'm sorry to hear what you suffer - it sounds like a hard burden to bear. 

Do you have any professional support? Like a counsellor, meds, psychologist or psychiatrist?

An important forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

I hope you find the forums supportive...

Peter126
Casual Contributor

Thank you so much i really appreciate it i am very lucky i have a lot of proffecional help but at the moment things are pretty rough thanks.
Peter126
Casual Contributor

Hi everyone thanks for being part of the team i have been dealing with ptsd since i was a child my mother emotional abused me and it carried on to my work this is the first time i have mentioned it only my wife knows it does a bit better bringing it up hope you dont mind

Welcome to the forums @Peter126 ,

Thank you for sharing your story.

Sometimes, it can be hard to bring up things that have happened in the past. 

For some, it is necessary in order for them to move on, while for others, they do not need to tackle the trauma.

Whatever it is, you do not need to feel alone in any of this. 

Take your time. You will know when you are ready.

We are here for you.

Peter126
Casual Contributor

Hi thank you and thanks for careing never before have i have been on a chat room and this is the first time i have opened up about this i only told my best friend that i went to kindy about this and i am 60 so its been along time

That certainly sounds very long to be sitting with such hurt @Peter126 . It's good to be able to connect with others - even if it's not to talk about the trauma, but just to know that others have been through similar circumstances and have come through.

There IS hope.

Also, a little hint. You can type "@" in front of someone's username so they get a notification of your message and can respond to you.

e.g. @tyme 

See you around.

Hi @Peter126 

I just wanted to reach out to welcome you to the forums - it’s great to have you here 💜

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re suffering from major depression, anxiety and PTSD and this sounds like an incredibly tough place to be.

I think that it’s amazing that despite everything that you’ve been going through you’re still ‘trying to get better’ and I would love to hear what this looks like for you - if this is something that feels comfortable for you to share 😊

Also, one of the things that really helped me when I was new to the forums and still finding my way around, was that if you would like to chat with another forum member, or reply to one of their posts, place @ in front of their username just like I did at the start of my post to you i.e. @Peter126 that way, they will receive a message that you have contacted them 😊

Please know that you’re always welcome to reach out to us here whenever you need to 😊

Take care,

ShiningStar 💜

Peter126
Casual Contributor

Hi as I am new   I am having a lot of trouble getting the hang of this as I am not really computer minded the forums are great and I don’t want to be rude if I can’t answer the Peter126

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance