Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

s-jay
Senior Contributor

'Our stories' - your opinion on this title?

Hi gang, this area of the forums (this board) was always meant as a good place for new members to start and a place for old & new members alike to share their story... Its in the description but some new members might miss it.

We were thinking of changing the title of this board from

Our stories

to 

New members & our stories

What do you think?

22 REPLIES 22

Re: 'Our stories' - your opinion on this title?

Great idea to chsnge @s-jay 

I am not personally in favour of this change @s-jay ... "New Members and our stories" seems to discourage all bar new members from opening a thread there.  I see nothing wrong with the existing title of "Our Stories" ... its clear, precise and self explanatory. 🌺

I completely agree with @Former-Member here @s-jay  Our Stories is a fitting title to cover everyone. Instead of changing the title how about encouraging new members on the Introduce Yourself thread to this section to start their own thread with their story. It is about inclusion for me - for all members - and changing the title makes it less inclusive.

Good idea @s-jay 

Hi @BlueBay ,& @Former-Member - thanks for your feedback.

@Former-Member , @Zoe7 

I hear you that you think it will exclude members who aren't new, so I was wondering what you thought about: Our stories & new members

That way it's helpful for new members to know where to start - but it's clear it's also for everyone?

The challenge we are facing is that we're looking to simplify the design of the topic structure which means we might not have the description under the title anymore. So we need to be really clear in the title what each section is for.

It's a good idea to encourage new members on the Introduce Yourself thread to thie section, and we can do that too but I'm thinking about all the people reading who haven't posted yet (about 5000 a week), and all the new members (at the moment about 200 a week), its hard to do that individually and we really need to sign post things for the whole community. 

Let me know if you think this is a good compromise

I dont know @s-jay  .. "Our Stories and New Members" doesnt sound right to me for some reason.

However, I now have a better understanding of why you feel you need to change the original title.

Maybe "Start here with your Story"  could work?

I personally do not like Our Stories and New Members @s-jay I think they should be separate. If the desrciptions are going to be excluded then maybe having at the top of the list a completely new sections simply titled New Memebers. Within that we could have both the Introduce Yourself thread and one that @Former-Member suggested Start Here With Your Story. There could be which could include a link to the community guidelines, setting out how to start threads, tag other members and an explanation of how to reply, respond and support posts as well ...a 'How To' section in effect. I feel if this is all in one place, and is a central place for all new members to go, then some of the issues we have with lack of responses, difficulties naviagting the site and other members not seeing posts/threads could be minimised.

I think @Zoe7 's idea as outlined just then is a great idea - a section just for new members, with a 'how to' section within it.

(Am shocked at the 200 new members a week! 😮 )

I like what @Zoe7 has suggested. Or leave it as is. The suggestions appear to exclude certain members and are a little wordy. Thank you for asking for feedback @s-jay 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance