Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Flying_Hams
Community Guide

One year on sane forums

Hi forum

I am not going to tag a bunch of people on this because we all have our own threads and follow other ones too. I don't want to crowd people out. I realised yesterday that it has been a whole year since I joined sane forums. I want to say thanks to the mods and members for their contributions and their help. I have noticed that it has always been a great support when I need it. My whole goal in seeking help for my mental illness was so that I could manage it on my own. It might seem counter intuitive but by coming on forums and talking to all of you about my life and experiences, I have been able to manage far better.

Even as I write this I know that we are all people in the real world but this online community has been really good - a retreat more or less.

I have goals and aspirations for the rest of the year, but in the past year I have completed my degree, boosted my physical health, got two casual jobs and also managed to secure a couple of dates. None of that would happen if I didn't have a community to speak with on here.

So whoever is reading this, thank you 🙂 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: One year on sane forums

DE1B6F81-40CD-425C-B13B-75E036C20DF6.gifDA59FFC8-CE09-48C3-8E17-5172976D7FCD.jpeg

way to go @Flying_Hams 👍💜🤗

Awesome, @Flying_Hams. May the next year see many more advances in your life. Smiley Happy

It has been a real priviledge getting to know you over that time @Flying_Hams - keep up the great progress and I am sure you will achieve everything you set out to achieve Smiley Very Happy

Way to go @Flying_Hams Smiley Very HappyHearthugs 2.png

It's so lovely to hear how things have changed for you over the past year @Flying_Hams. You've done so well to reach out for support and it's been great having you as part of our forum community 🐼

Former-Member
Not applicable

I am glad that the community could help you so much with your self-improvement project.  Try to remember though that is was not us who did any of this for you, it was you who made these accomplishments occur.    Congrats.

I'm so glad you joine this Forum one year ago @Flying_Hams. It is very uplifting for me to read of the progress you have made in so many areas of your life. You have really stepped outside your comfort zone on a number of occassions. It gives me hope.

Heart Heart Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance