Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Cowgirl76
New Contributor

New and struggling

Hi, I'm reaching out because I'm not coping. I have anxiety, major depression, BPD, complex PTSD, social anxiety, panic disorder and b@nge eating disorder. I've never coped well on my own and even being isolated with my family I'm not coping well. I'm in a depressive episode and can't seem to pull myself out. I'm seeing a psychiatrist and a psychologist, I'm on 2 antidepressants and doing DBT training. I'm barely sleeping even with a cocktail of medications (all legally prescribed) that my psychiatrist says should knock out a horse. I'm barely eating during the day and overeating at night. I'm desperate to get out of the house but the thought of going out has me bordering on a panic attack. My psychologist is encouraging me to go for a walk but I can barely drag myself out of bed. I have an 11 year old and a 16 year old and I'm fighting so they don't see me struggle. I feel like a burden on my few dear friends and family and feel guilty for all that I think I should be doing. I'm hoping that getting this out will help me be a bit more patient with myself 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: New and struggling

Hi, @Cowgirl76 , welcome. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling. It does sound like you're in a bad place with your depression and other conditions, plus not being able to sleep. 

I have no answers, but I know there is a section on the forums called 'Looking After Ourselves' which has coping strategies. It's good you have professional support in place. Depression is the worst, I know from experience. 😞

Feel free to write more about how you are feeling here, to get it out - you have so much on your plate, I really feel for you. 

Re: New and struggling

hi @Cowgirl76 and welcome
while im not a parent I do experience along of what you described and it can be so hard esp when we are hiding it from others or trying to be ok to be around other people in general.
im glad that you have some supports, that's a great start.
it can be frustrating slow in seeing some progress though and in finding the right medications as well. I do hope youll find the right mix and maybe start to see some improvement with the skills youll learn at DBT as well.

@CheerBear @HakunaKhunz @Appleblossom @Teej @frog may be able to offer you some advice
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance