Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Husbands Intellect and decline into social media.

Yikes @Carlachris  

Double whammy = 😬😬😬

Checking in @Carlachris  how are you going?

Thank you for checking in. It’s been awhile. Husband has been surprisingly good. His dreadful trigger mother 90. Has finally accepted that she needs to move 6 hrs closer to us into care around the corner. I was ready for the meltdown but the exact opposite has seemingly happened. It’s strange how the mother bond can exist within such cruelty. The pressure of her being so far away was playing a much bigger role than either of us understood. Stress from constantly getting calls from the Ambo and services re her and picking up to drive all that way has been too much for us both. Much more professional support for her will support us as well. I was dreading the Election FaceBook media storm and ready to unplug the entire house...lol. True! I was going to pull a fuse out of the fuse box but he is so very well at the moment it didn’t happen either. Feeling very blessed. The Social media rabbit hole is very small at the moment until it flares again. I can breathe.

I haven’t seen that post I will try to find it as the further we go along this rd my mother included the more I m understanding that many many are in the same boat, I’m thinking maybe a generational faorm of PTSD underlying society.

thank you. 

How are things around diabetes/diet going @Carlachris 

PS Lovely to hear there us a lull for you at the moment.

hello @Carlachris , soo good to hear from you Smiley Happy

Hello @Grasshopper3 , @Former-Member , @Appleblossom , @NatalieS 

For now all mania seems to have settled down. He is insulin dependent diabetic but we no longer live a neourotic version. I know everything is still under the surface but his intensity and anger have subsided. How are you and My Darcy? I’m hoping ok. Ok on my scale = fantastic. 

Steady here @Carlachris thanks. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance