Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Mental Health Illness Depression

Hi Sandy, It's Kylie Here, i'm not good It has not been a Good Few Days, My Dad Had a Fall in the Shower and Sliced Part of his Ear off the Inside bit, He came home today and was in Hospital from Wednesday It happened.

I feel so Guilty and Feel like Its my Fault again, I am not well at the moment Have been so Stressed about him, I am Glad he is Home. It will take time, His Ear is Bandanged up. I'm not coping Well.  He My Dad is doing Better He isnt Dizzy Now?

But Has to put on Weight Because he has Lost a lot, Mental illness and Depression is the Worst thing in the World to have Iam glad I have all of u as Friends, Your welcome to Add me on Facebook, He will go to the Doctors soon and get his Ear Checked and Re:Bandged Thank goodness He didn't lose his ear because you need your ears for Hearing.

I Just Hope that I am a Help to Him, I'm always so worried i cant sleep and feel sick I have Nausea I'm seeing My usual doctor on Tuesday, He will go to the Doctors very soon. He still Isn't feeling 100% But he will get there and It will take time I just have to be Patient which Im Finding Hard, I feel bad as I am always Checking on him to see If he is ok. Thank you for Understanding It Means a Lot to Me that you Think of me and Care about me.

Re: Mental Health Illness Depression

Hey @Pie, 

it sounds like you have been through a pretty rough patch with your dad..I hope he gets better soon. Showers are a common place for loder people to slip in, my dad slipped so far twice this year. Now he has a plastic seat in his shower and some home help arranged throught the local mobility service.

I am wondering which state you live in Kylie as maybe your dad might be eligible for some bathroom aids that would help him not fall over in the future.

How did you go with your own health check Kylie? Are your blood sugars a bit better? 

I think it's ordinary to be stressed given your Dad's had a fall, don't forget to take care of you.

Would your niece be able to contact your local council or your dad's GP to see if he is eligible for any services to help him at home..

Take care...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance