Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LaceMarie
Casual Contributor

Maybe DID or DDNOS Anybody relate.

I will be getting a trauma therapist in a month or two. Its a trauma clinic that works with PTSD, BPD, DID and other things. Right now I just have a regular therapist at another clinic. I dont understand when you start talking like a kid in a session that therapist dont think you have DID or anything like that. I also had another therapist where I was in session I all of a sudden felt the little kid me and was crying because I was surprised she was still alive and still cared and wanted to live. Then all of a sudden I got really really mad and wanted to hurt her. For a minute or so I felt the little kid on the left in the front and the angry person in the front on the right and I felt like I was in the back of my head. I sat with it for a minute but then said to my therapist make it stop. He believed everything that happened but also didnt think I had DID or anything like that. Im confused is that what happens to any of you sometimes. I have never had it that extreme before or since then. I have had times where the angry part of me tries to come. Please forgive me if I said anything triggering or offensive. This is all new to me. Any thoughts on any of this.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Maybe DID or DDNOS Anybody relate.

Hey @LaceMarie, there are a few peeps here with DID - see this thread. We'd love for you to join us. 

As for your question, a lot of therapists are reluctant to diagnose DID because they're taught that it's particularly rare, which is actually not the case. The stats put it at 1-3% in Western countries, which is roughly the same as bipolar and schitzophrenia but nobody is claiming they don't exist. 

What I mean to say is that your experience of therapists being reluctant to diagnose DID is not unusual. I expect most peoples in the thread above will have had the same experience at some point. 

Glad you're here.

Hi @LaceMarie! 🙂

First of all, Welcome to the Forums! Heart I am sorry that you are feeling a little bit confused as to why you have not been diagnosed with what seems like DID. It sounds like obtaining such a diagnosis would help you to make sense of your experiences and the different versions of yourself that come out in different circumstances - i.e., the angry version, the child version and you.

As @-Rayne- mentioned, please feel free to share these experiences, here. It is a thread about living with DID. 

I'm glad you are reaching out here on the forums. We have a lovely and supportive bunch of people here, who I'm positive would be happy to connect with you. 🙂

Hoping you find the help you need!

Kindest,

Amour_Et_Psyché

Hi @LaceMarie - Welcome to the forums 🙂 I hope you find the forums helpful. As Briar has said, there have been quite a few people who have talked about similar experiences and DID. I look forward to see you around the forums!

Wow, I didnt know the percentage was the same as bipolar and schitzophrenia and like you said nobody is claiming they dont exist or is rare.

Thanks everyone, I went to the DID thread and reposted this there. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance