Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Bow
Senior Contributor

March4justice

I've had a lot of time to think the last couple of days. I didn't know it was happening, but I was really moved by the roar that was made around our nation yesterday for victims and survivors of sexual assault. Had my own experience not been so fresh and painful I would of liked to of gone had circumstances been different. Something I wrote reflecting back on how I have felt recently and with friends I know in mind...

To the women victims and survivors; for some of you these last days and weeks have bought up memories for you, your story may of began weeks, months, years or even decades ago, or perhaps yours started as the sun set just yesterday. You are not alone.
You may have been triggered by the constant stories in the media which has caused memories to resurface resulting in flashbacks that fling you back in time to that moment where life stood still and changed forever. We feel your pain.
You may have had to avoid social media and the news so as to not find yourself rocking back and forth in the corner with the raw emotions of your trauma as if it were just yesterday. We see you.
You may have held this secret tight to your chest bound by guilt and shame or maybe you are one of the few that spoke of your trauma and broke the silence. We believe you.
Whatever your story is, please know that there is an army of people gathering around you right now, you may not have the strength to roar right now, but they are making a noise for us. They are being our voice when we don’t have one and this will no longer be silenced.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: March4justice

What a wonderful post @Bow ... 🙏👍

I dont have much to say, other than ... thank you. 

You clearly understand very well ... much too well. 😔💔

Emelia 💕

Thought of you while writing @Emelia8  

hope you have a good day 💕

Important post @Bow 

Heart

hugs @Emelia8 

Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you so much x.

The most scary thing for me is to think of the amount of people who have been affected by sexual assault and harrassment and never came forward. 

The person who accused Christian Porter of sexual assault may have come forward way too late for the Police to act on it, but it's still a seriously brave thing to do. 

For that reason, I would encourage anyone who feels like they can't understand this issue to remember that it's much closer to home than you might realise. 

Someone I know was being harrassed by a former manager of ours, who, I might add, was already engaged. She could have easily gathered some evidence and taken it to the Police, and he would have been charged, but she never did.

That doesn't change the fact that his behaviour was terrible. It definitely had an emotional impact on her, being contacted by someone she wished never to see again.

I'm really sorry to hear that you guys have experienced it yourself, but I'm glad you can take something from the show of resilience. I'm with you too 💕.

Yep @Former-Member 

3 people in my family never came forward.

This article is concerning, but sadly no surprise.  Trying to grow up from my airy little fairy to some solid realism.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-17/complaint-over-wesley-college-boys-sexist-comments/100014474 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Bow We don't watch normal tv but it's the Facebook postings about it the now has our host hiding inside. She tried to report 3 of her abusers but was met with do you know specific dates can you link abuse to specific events can anyone else back up your story, then some of the family she was counting on contradicted her story of events around the abuse even though they said they would be there for her. So now cops don't believe her she feels abandoned by family even though she still helps them way to much

Harmony 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance