Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Lula
Casual Contributor

Lonely

Is there anyone out there who knows the feeling of having no partner and no family at all and therefore no-one really close for support. That’s me.

27 REPLIES 27

Re: Lonely

Hello @Lula

I am in a similar situation and found that over the years the people coming to this site became family.

take care

Apple

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi. Yes that's me too,though i still have my mum and brother -tend to like being alone these days. I'd rather not have the wrong partner!

You will find support here.

Good evening @Lula. I don't have a partner but I do have family. That must be a very lonely feeling indeed.

Is there any community clubs you can join in your area. There is a website/app called Meet Up that has lots of different interest groups you could join. Some of are just simple things like a walking group, writing or reading, coffee clubs.

I suffer loneliness because I have very few friends, and none of my family are nearby. So I've joined just a few clubs to decrease my isolation.

I see you're a new member here, so welcome. You'll find this place full of friendly, caring people, and while I know it's not quite the same as real life, it can at least be a place of comfort and conversation.

You can wander anywhere around the forum or create a thread of your own. If you want to talk to anyone in particular, just put an @ in front of their name to tag them. They'll then be notified.

All the best @Lula
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @Lula,

Welcome to the Sane group, everyone here is respectful and kind, providing support and understanding.  Hopefully you will find some of the help you are looking for.

Take care,

MummaMia

Starta
Senior Contributor

Hello @Lula

Yes I can so relate to loneliness, it can become completely overwhelming for me at time...My husband passed away 5 years ago now, my 3,sons all live a days drive away and never and I mean that never come visit me...I'm elderly and cannot drive that far...

There are times when I don't want to be here anymore because of my loneliness. I have BP2 rapid cycling/depression/ sever anxiety/C-PTSD. It's really so hard for me to even leave my front door at times as I get really frightened to do so..

I hope today is a better day then yesterday..

Starta.🌹

Welcome @Lula

I hope that being part of this community will ease your loneliness and give you a sense of connection with others who understand what you are going through. Cat Happy

Lula
Casual Contributor

Thank you and hello @Bat_Girl@Starta, @Former-Member, @Sans911, @Former-Member, @Appleblossom for your welcome and comments. So much appreciated. Hello to anyone else reading this too. Its nice to ‘meet’ you all

I’ve had a big day - up early, then out to meet a small group of fellow anxiety/depression/PTSD sufferers for coffee etc. It all went well but towards the end I started to get tired and then could feel the anxiety starting to build up. I couldn’t wait to get home, although to an empty house. Does anyone understand why anxiety would build up in a situation like that ? It seems crazy to me.

I’m so tired no and it’s only 4.30pm. There was a time not so long ago when I wouldn’t have responded so to this day

Hi @Lula. Perhaps the expectations you'd built up of how the group might few, getting out of your home and comfort zone and having to present with this group would after a whilw be a little wearing, even if you were enjoying yourself. Perhaps your increasing anxiety was a way your body was telling you its time to get home. And all that would be tiring.

I've found over the last 2years with my mental health challenges that I'm constantly tired, especially after being out.
Lula
Casual Contributor

Thank you @Sans911 you could be right, but I had met 3 out of 4 of the people there before. Perhaps I was just tired 😓
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance