Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

Totally agree with you @Appleblossom re the opennes to all levels of woundedness and people in whatever stage of dealing with their mental illness 👍 My personal opinion though is with those that consistently post about wanting to harm themselves or more - and the enabling in some quarters that happens around those members. It is a fine line sometimes between support and enabling - especially when it is a continual and reoccurrent theme. I know those members are reaching out for support also but the dramatic way it is often done can be both triggering and worrying for others. The new guideline wording goes some way to alleviating this but once you see such a post (before it is removed) you cannot unsee it. There also needs to be some responsibility taken by those that write those things here - and an awareness of the effects it can have on others. None of us are immune to the distress such posts imply and therefore other members who read them also often do not feel safe in the space as a consequence. It is a hard one to deal with though but I can personally choose to walk away from that conversation to look after myself now - we can only support/help others if we too are okay to do so.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Great to have you back again @Owlunar  ... I know everyone has been missing you.

Just dropping by to thank you for the support you have provided to me over the years. I have very much valued and appreciated your support and your friendship.  I sincerely hope I may have, in some small way, provided some comfort and support to you  as well.  I wish you well in all that you do.

Sherry 

Totally Agree @Zoe7 

I would not be young again. There are some advantages to being older ...

You still on @Zoe7 ?

Hi @outlander 

hi @Owlunar 👋

How are you @outlander 

Did your Pop fry and fire you - I read that somewhere - that would not be good

im quite sick physically and had to speak to the virus hotline tonight who has advised me to speak to me gp within the next 12 hours so its abit of a scary time @Owlunar

pop was trying to fire me yes but thankfully that's passed and mum unfortunately had to blow up abit at him for him to listen as he was starting to get worse. all over a tv 🤦‍♀️

how are you going? can I help with anything?

Yes - you could @outlander  - but I am concerned that you might have the COVID-19 bug - let's talk about that first

Dec

im ok atm @Owlunar its just a nasty cough and sore throat but it also come on at the same time as ive been spring cleaning so they've said it might be from allergies, or a common cold. I just have to keep away from pop and others for now till I speak with my gp and then go from there. they are well equipped to do the tests I need if required and can be done in the morning as itll be classed as urgent. I was told by my nurse anyone who presents symptoms gets treated first but through their drive through (meaning they get suited up I park in the driveway let them know when im here and they'll come out)

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance