Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

Still very much thinking of you @Owlunar 

I pray thst you're ok ❤️❤️

hugs @Owlunar HeartHeart

Hi everyone

I had to leave the forum for some weeks actually - the reason has been for self-care. There was a subject that was being raised more often than usual and this was a trigger for me and I will not be responding to that subject again.

For my regular contacts here - I am grateful for all the notifications I have read for the first time for weeks. How wonderful - thank you all so much

I did let the moderators know I was taking this time out. It wasn't just the trigger posts - I had a procedure on my spine which is a diagnostic test - and I have had a lot of relief from that procedure. I am still reducing my medication and I needed time to myself

I am aware of the issues surrounding COVID-19 - one reason I have chosen this time to return is that I know people need all the support we can get - giving and receiving - I can understanding how vulnerable people can feel and add this to our other health issues and our anxieties - really stressful time.

Because of my age I have been in voluntary isolation for two weeks now - only going out for essential reasons. Also practising new hygience habits - hand-washing and social distancing when I speak to professional people or my neighbours - atm we all need to learn new habits - maybe this is the time when we learn to be "two-arms-distance-apart" - hopefully that's true - but it will be great to have these habits when/if things get harder.

Btw - I thought I had possums in my roof - no - it was rats - I had a pest-exterminator here in less that 2 days after I contacted him and my place has been set up with enough bait to attend to the problem for a year and it was a reasonable price too.

So amid the chaos the is some order - I hope I can bring this order around with me like my personal ray of sunshine and I wish my regular contacts, other forum members and the moderators all the best

Dec

We all in this togetherWe all in this together

Love and hugs my second mum @Owlunar Heart

It's good to see you again @Shaz51  - I missed everyone

I read you got into trouble because you took your Mum to get her arm redressed - that was not good - who else is going to be able to care for your Mum if you can't.

But also - yes - you do need to take care of yourself and I hope you are able to take things easier than usual because of the situation - 

It's easy for me to voluntarily self-isolate - no one else is relying on me. There is only me a lot of the time and I am used to it. But there's the thing - no one is relying on me irl - I can do my best alone. 

I did have someone do my shopping and she was able to get nearly everything without any trouble. The week before that I was with another carer and we both thought how quiet the supermarket was when we arrive and went through the fruit and vegies, meat etc and fridge products. The chaos hit and it was crazy - I am not physically able to cope in such chaos and left my carer to do it but she had a hard time getting a few things - I had most things but not before I was banged in the back by someone with a supermarket trolley.

Do your best @Shaz51  and stick up for your rights too - not easy - I know

All the best - Dec

We don't need supermarket chaosWe don't need supermarket chaos

Lovely to see you @Owlunar  💚💜💙🦉🦉🦉

Thanks @Maggie 

There are times when we do need to be our own best friend and self-care and that's what I was doing - as you hoped

Dec

Lovely to see you back here @Owlunar Heart

I'm so glad yo see you back @Owlunar  

I was worried about you 

I'm glad the procedure on your back helped. 
I missed you ❤️

Thanks @Zoe7 

It's really good to be back - I emailed the moderators yesterday and felt it was time - I feel refreshed from taking time to care for myself - 

I took a walk up to the shops for some items I need but mostly because it's a lovely day and it was good to speak to a few people - total strangers except for those in the shops - some people are really friendly and other's less so and one young mother with a  toddler in a pusher crying because she wouldn't let him out.

I thought - well done Mum - keeping him in his pusher - but I know from my young-mother days that have a child at that age is super-hard.

I haven't been able to get a mask though - tomorrow I have to go to the doctor and I have a flat sheet I have never used - I have a use for it that no one thought of when they packed the flat sheet with the fitted sheet I have been using for years - I am going to cut a square out of it and fold it into a triangle and tie it around my face and yes - I have tried breathing through it.

When I think about this it really is a different way of living - and we will adjust and come out the other side better for it

All the best Zoe - I read your post on thinking about school teachers - yes - I understand - they are essential workers because there are children whose parents must work. It's a concern. My daughter is working full-time in the shop and on-line though all the business will be done on-line from tomorrow I think. She is in an essential industry too and they can keep the business going on-line for as long as possible.

Who would have thought of this when the country was sizzling and on fire? Smiley Surprised

Dec

We can still do most of the ordinary things that make up lifeWe can still do most of the ordinary things that make up life

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance