Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

May need to turn your head side on haha

352194059_3140702046222781_2444603612959688257_n.jpg

@Owlunar 

Thank you for sharing about your son. You certainly went through a very hard time and the views of your parents weren’t making things any easier. I am glad that you have a good therapist to work things through with. I just want to pop through the screen and give you a big hug x 

Meggle

Thanks @Oaktree 

Virtual hugs are part of the currency here - I will take it as if I just had one - wonderful.

It was hard to live through all of that but I learned a huge amount of information that has stood me in good stead - I learned a great deal about myself and life in general - all of this is the good side.

My life has been worthwhile

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

@Owlunar 

Never mind, it can be nuisance losing posts. Just lovely to have our ongoing chats.

Hugs and some quiet Window Gazing and Star Gazing and Sitting in the Sun ... which is becoming a fleeting event in Melbourne atm ... lol

"I don't know about the mythology about "after-lives" - I am agnostic in regard to those issues - and okay with it." 

Yep I am a bit agnostic about all that too.  Recently I had 2 women do the New Age style of it, "on me", and I nod, be respectful, but do not buy into it deeply. 

About previous lives and reincarnation.  I maintain a little detachment but not be too fixed in my ideas about it. I have respect for cultural traditions, and knew many who debated it while I was young.  I tread carefully around issues of early memories, imagination and cultural beliefs and archetypes.

Mostly I experienced my father's death early, and once at uni, after sister's death, learned as much as I could about healthy grieving. At the time when there was only basic ... stuff by Kubler Ross around ... and Christian approaches... both were inadequate for me, but I still have any books that I bought ... I continue to research about it, but it has reduced from being a pressing obsession, to a part of my emotional work.  

I do believe our relationship  with significant people in our lives carries on after their deaths, as we reflect and integrate the loss.  I know I can sound technical about feeling things, at times, but it is partly a defence against opening up the huge reservoir of feelings and issues, so I keep it under wraps a bit.

I got a bit triggered earlier tonight, so not going too deep atm, just touching base and responding to notifications.

@MDT 

Hope you enjoyed dinner! Cant do much about housemate but keep a bit out of his way.  It is great you have got yourself out of a rut.  I do believe you are less hard on yourself than you used to be.  You used to 2nd guess yourself a lot. 

Love the square, round hole and now fitiing into "the hexagon" analogy.  You have been a pleasure to know, especiallly as someone going through that transitional stage into full adulthood ... As a parent of adult children it is helpful to have insights of other people's lives ... but most of all just nice to know you mate.

Cooeeee @Oaktree  @Zoe7 

@outlander 

Cheers Apple
@Appleblossom

You're a legend you know. Take care my friend

Ha ha. Thanks mate @MDT Not sure if that is good...lol

May the force be with you too.

Your daughter sounds like my sister @Owlunar - always think they know best and we are idiots who know nothing. I get so annoyed with my sister as she tends to talk at me rather than talking with me (or even letting me talk at all). Suffice to say, I do not tell her much - and certainly do not seek her out to talk about things. It certainly is not ideal but that is who she is and over time I have resigned myself to that being the case - she will not change and accepting that is the best way I have found to move forward.

its very good haha @Appleblossom
may the force be with you too !

yes indeed @Owlunar just had another surgery myself. sometimes it can seem endless.
im glad your feeling better then the day before though. although necessary sometimes the dentist is not overly pleasant at the time! im sure youll make the right decision and whatever you feel is best

Thanks @Zoe7 

I understand why you don't want to tell your sister everything or anything if she thinks she the only person who's right - how rotten it must be to be right all the time - what a pain.

My daughter seems to be the same - she and her husband dropped in for a few minutes yesterday - really - make up time? It would have been okay without an excuse but I get it - she wanted to catch up,

Then she started - something I think is trivial - she went on and on until I raised my voice and talked over her saying it was totally unimportant. Her husband turned to her and said "That's enough".

I think she has a lot of growing up to do - I am glad they dropped around yesterday and that her husband seems aware of the issue - whatever it is - 

Trivial issues - oh dear - it can be painful at times - at least now I am sure I have her husband is aware and I don't feel alone.

After all this ranting - I guess you are back at school tomorrow unless it's school holidays in Tassie by now. I hope the long weekend has given you are break - something I know you have needed. And best wishes for your Dad too.

Best thoughts

Mumma Bear

Owlunar.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance