Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Let`s talk about Bipolar

Hearing your pain. @Former-Member 

Broken family relationships are so difficult and have so many consequences. We cannot live their lives for them. Great about the marshall arts success tho.  I wonder if you can accept the antidep for short to medium term, to help you provide a cushioning for your son and grandkids while they go through tumultous times.  Any that is the way I view my meds.  My ability to remain calm under all seas gets tested when I am not taking them .... I know ... one day .... I/you/ we may be able to stop ... weary sigh ... but in the meantime ....

Gentle Hugs

HeartHeart

@Dimity @bipolarbunny 

I love your forum contributions. Yes there is strength and support given here.

Heart

I am ambivalent about posting on this thread as it is not a certain diagnosis for me.

Cheers @Oaktree @Shaz51  @HenryX 

Smiley Happy

@Former-Member 

Hello @Former-Member 

I also support Appleblossom's comments.

I don't think it is a matter of being a failure to be taking antD's. It is a matter of responding to a situation and using whatever means available to maintain stability. That is simply a sensible choice. While you are worrying about whatever theoretical issue that you have with taking that medication, you are diminishing your capacity to fully benefit from that resource. And the higher the benefit is for you and the lower your resistance to the medication, the quicker the time will arrive when you will no longer have use for them

Best Wishes

HenryX

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you so much @Appleblossom and @HenryX  I know you are sincere and it makes sense.  I will try as my head is all scrambled. I have t see the GP I one week.💞

Dear @Former-Member I'm sorry for your grief and loss and hope you can process it with support and the help of your meds. I wrote a reply to you and @Appleblossom but my authentication failed and I lost what I'd written with so much care.

I'm not well - bipolar depression, just been certified legally blind and just had an investigative day procedure cancelled as I don't have a carer. I don't want to inadvertently offend or trigger anyone by transgressing boundaries so I'll take a break. I've enjoyed following this thread and seeing a couple of social threads, and have gained a lot from others' wider perspectives and experiences even if and especially if with multiple diagnoses or comorbidities or shared experiences or empathy as I don't think we're defined by our illness. 

Take care everyone 

Dimity

@Former-Member 

Heart

@Dimity I will miss you if you go, but bottom line you have to do what is right for you.  However if you are worried about the boundary of this one thread.... or triggering other's in the forum, it could be possible to start a new thread dedicated to your own needs ... that is if you feel some contact on the forum is wise for you.

Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh @Dimity I'm sorry to hear that you will be taking a break, and so very sorry to hear that you don't have a carer to take you for your procedure. To be given the diagnosis of being legally blind must be such a worry for you.   Could you not contact Visability/guide dogs in your local state for assistance with these matters?

I am not familiar with NDIS but I do know that once on this you can get a support worker to take you to appointments, and help out with other tasks.

please Dimity ask your GP about this.

Thank you so much for reaching out to me, it means a lot. I think winter is taking its toll on quite a few people with depression, for some reason it makes us want to retreat and hide, our worries become harder to cope with but with lovely people on here like you we can share the burden. I hope your break is a short one, take care 💞

Hi @bipolarbunny @Shaz51 @Dimity @Meggle @Appleblossom @Mazarita 

@HenryX  @Former-Member  @greenpea ...all of  you here

I listened to a meditation about acceptance this morning and the main idea was to say yes to whatever emotion comes up. Tara Brach has a lot of good stuff on this too. I understand this idea and I believe they are right. But it's so #@&*ing hard! Would be interested in your thoughts, and if anyone tries to practice this do you have any suggestions?

I may not be around for a bit. Work. Sigh. But I'll check back later.

@Jlbhere's another thread that might be of interest.

@Dimity 

Hello Dimity

I have enjoyed discussions with you and share the sentiments expressed by @Appleblossom and @Always-hope as I am sure that others would also. I hope that your feeling of being unwell is short lived and that, if you do take a break, it will also be relatively short.

We enjoy your company!!!

In my post of the

23 Mar 2021 12:32 PM

Re: HenryX' Return to Forum & Ongoing Suggestions”

{that can be accessed about 2/3 of the way down page 30 of my 35 profile pages (currently)}

I have offered a suggestion, which I have copied into this message below, about dealing with the:

dreaded "Authentication Ticket Mismatched" demon.”

The item to which I am referring is the first item, that is relatively short in, what is otherwise, a fairly long post. I realised this "Authentication.....message could be a problem when it happened to me on a number of other forum sites and this site as well. It is, I believe, something to do with 'timing out' that sometimes occurs, when attempting to write a long post into the reply box of some sites, including this one.

It can be very distressing when we put a lot of thought, care, attention and feeling into a post, only to lose it, without the capacity to recover it.

Dealing with the:

dreaded "Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication." demon.

Quote: “For a relatively short response, the “Reply" message box is fine, but for longer posts &/or responses, I like to use the following method or procedure. This procedure will also help avoid the situation of

"Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication."

the "timeout" message that sometimes appears when writing a long post on this and other websites and also, the loss of our message, if we forget to "Post" the message before clearing the window

(I know – Duh!!)”

(or forget/overlook to click “Post” the second time, after the checking for “high-lighted errors” message).

When I have proofread, corrected and completed my response on my OpenOffice text-writer word processor, I then copy and paste from my "OpenOffice text-writer" page to the reply box of the post to which I am responding. I can then submit the reply without falling foul of the

dreaded "Authentication Ticket Mismatched" demon."

and also have a back-up copy of the post that I have just written.

With my Very Best Wishes

to you Dimity

HenryX

CC: @Appleblossom  @Former-Member  @frog  @Shaz51 

@frog 

Hello Frog,

Tara Brach's website appears to have some good material. I will be returning to the website to see whether the meditations offered, appeal to me.

Thank you for the connection.

Best Wishes

HenryX

Hey folks, 

Welcome @Rebel @Lilaca I hope you find this thread as supportive and welcoming as I have. 

@Former-Member I'm sorry to hear you are still really struggling my friend. But I'm in agreeance with everyone else, if the antiDs help you to cope through this difficult period then they are worth taking. I know you want to do things on your own and without medication, I was once like that myself. I felt if I had to rely on a pill to get by I was weak, but now I know that was just my brain trying to sabotage my chance to get well. And that sabotage almost lead me to taking my own life cause I couldn't cope. I now look at my meds as being just one part of my safety and wellness net. They help to catch me when I fall. I hope someday you can feel better about this issue. Lots of love xx

@Dimity I will miss you so much my friend. But you gotta do what's right for you. Lots of love xx

BB 🐰💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance