Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Let`s talk about Bipolar

Im happy because i got to collect some library books today ---- yaaaa @JungleGiants xx

what do you like reading Smiley Very Happy

@Shaz51i found a great podcast about books (sentimental garbage on spotify) so ive been reading some of those recommendations. Gotten into Jill Mansells books, finished Meet me at beachcomber bay for my latest read of hers.

Just gives me a chance to switch my brain off 👍 otherwise ive read a bit of most genres, not horror/thrillers so much anymore. 

Might see you at one of the events planned? Ill have another look at the calender for whats on

@JungleGiants Do you know what the doco was called?

@NewbieBipolar 'Osher Günsberg: A Matter of Life and Death'
Its on sbs on demand 🙂

hello @Dimity@HenryX@greenpea@NewbieBipolar@JungleGiants@Olga@rivergal@Mazarita@eth@Appleblossom@frog@Meowmy@Sophie1@Klutz 

I have a topic which i am wondering about " sleep and Bipolar "

@Shaz51  I dont know if it is bipolar but my sleep for ages is disfunctional. I wake up several times during the night.  My son2 does as well ..... maybe it is just a mental illness thing.

yes it is a bit hard to know where different sleep patterns come into @greenpea 

for me -- with my kidney diseas and diabetes i get up 4 times a night 

but for mr shaz , he has times when he will just sleep like today 

not sure if it is just mental illness or bipolar 

i suppose we just have to do the best we can with what we are going through xxx

@Shaz @greenpea I also wake up several times each night and can only fall asleep with the TV on. Before I was on meds I couldn't sleep at all, sometimes for several nights in a row which is hard to imagine that it is possible for a human to sleep so little. But it was possible for me. I still have the occasional night where I cant get to sleep but I am really grateful that I sleep at all. It was really hard when I couldn't sleep for days and my thoughts were spinning faster and faster. Did you say Mr Shaz could not sleep or sleeps a lot in the day time?

Did you say Mr Shaz could not sleep or sleeps a lot in the day time? -- hello @Olga , mr shaz slept all night last night and he has been  sleeping most of the day today 

maybe he is just catching up and it is 33 degrees outside too , a bit warm  and it is not even summer yet @greenpea 

@Shaz51 @Olga @JungleGiants  yes I nap several times during the day too.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance