Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Farmchick
Contributor

Knowing what to do next

So i have anxiety and depression and have had for some time, at the moment i seem to struggle more days then i dont and im having trouble with how to move forward so that im a happier person 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Knowing what to do next

Hi @Farmchick , I'm probably not the best person to answer this one, but, I'll try and give you some ideas.  For me I find that good sleep, exercise and nutrition plays a role in how I feel day to day.  I find a good bit of relief going to the gym through the week and my farm on weekends.

Do you have a doctor or therapist you are working with?  I have a psychologist i talk to every few months that keeps me on track or least tries to.

You could look at going to meet ups or your local library to find activities you can do with other like minded people.  Trying new hobbies might be something you can look into. 

I do colouring in when I feel down.  Maybe keep a list of small things in a book that you can flick through each day, as time goes by you will see what you have already done and this might be build up more confidence as you move forward.  I used to do this at school and found it help keep me motivated.  I'd put down a i for every 15 minutes of study I did.  I listen to a lot of music to lift my mood.  

Theres another thread called 'coping box' that might give you some ideas as well.  We all have different needs.  I can @tag you into some of the social threads on here if you like.  You might find some comfort in knowing your not alone with what your going through.  There are some very kind hearted people on here.

Take care

Thanks heaps @Gazza75 that was helpful 

and yes it would be great if you could tag me in a social thread

hi @Farmchick  how are you going?

your welcome to join in with any thread you like some that may interest you may be Good Morning!  Anyone feel like chatting?  or Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!  

im not sure what sorts of things your into but maybe The Community Garden 🙂  Craft Corner  Through One's Eyes  may be of interest to you as well

I know the feeling @Farmchick. I am currently struggling through the same thing. When my depression and anxiety flare up I find myself very quickly withdrawing from people and activities. I have gone days where I wanted nothing more than to lock myself up in my room and sleep, avoiding the outside world. To push through these days I allow myself time to be alone but also for lack of a better word, force myself to do something that involves human contact. This could be as simple as a phone call if I'm not up to being face to face. I'm currently unemployed due to ongoing injuries from a work accident which has led to my current mood. 

The biggest issue I have once in my depressed mood is that I then get anxious over being depressed which makes the depression deeper. It's a vicious cycle that is difficult to get out from under. 

Here if you want to talk further.

Hi @Farmchick, we hope you've been having a better week. Have you been able to check out the social threads that @Gazza75 posted? Additionally, have you been able to chat with a GP or medical support about how you are feeling?  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance