Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Jaz5
Senior Contributor

Just need to talk

i just wanted to talk to someone with similar problems
I try and remain positive I keep telling myself it’s anxiety and usually I can shake it but this time I can’t it come back everyday this weird pressure in my head in my neck like near where my glands are also pain in the jaw I feel like I’m going to go crazy and die. I worry about my health. I need new ways to try and cope I breathe I stretch I exercise everytime I go to the doctor I try and tell her my symptoms but I get too upset talking about it so I leave it and try and deal with it by myself

28 REPLIES 28

Re: Just need to talk

@Jaz5 Hi Jaz5 and welcome to the forums.  Can you ask either a family member or a friend to go with you to your gp to discuss these symptoms you have been having. You might like to write them down on paper  before you go so that you can hand it over to the gp if you are feeling too stressed to actually talk. If not your friend or family member could do the talking for you. 

My daughter went to a stage (and still does at times) where I have to talk for her and those are the strategies that I use and they work for us. I hope that helps a bit for you. greenpea

Hello @Jaz5 I feel for you. Anxiety can be crippling. Mine is under control at present, but I have had it to the extent that, like you, I felt like I was loosing my mind and going to die. The difference was both in intensity and duration. It sounds like you're doing everything you can lifestyle-wise. When I was having trouble communicating with health professionals, I got a trusted family member to come with me. We discussed what I needed to say before hand and made a deal that if I couldn't, my support person would speak for me. It also took me a while to get a good fit in terms of support - gp, psychologist, psychiatrist. I have bipolar as well as anxiety.

Finding a gp who is on the ball re mental health is not always straight forward, but most of them are used to people getting upset. Maybe you could try and give yourself permission. Sometimes I had to take a day off work to allow myself time to process appointments, and deal with the emotional upset. The Drs I saw were very understanding and could see I was a mess; they were fine with writing a certificate for a day to recover.

Another thing that I did was see a physio who could help release some of the tension in my neck and jaw. It took time.

I hope you feel at home on the forum. There are a lot of understanding people here. Take care.

@frog Nite froggy!!!!

@greenpea it took me so long to compose my response that I ended up saying a lot of the same as you! You are looking resplendent in daisy! There really are a lot of shared experiences on the forum@Jaz5 and greenpea is a sweetie!

x

x

@frog ooooooo!!!! 'resplendent'!!! Thanks Froggy 🙂 have a great day xxxx

Thanks for the response the thing is I’ve been keeping it to myself for the past 5years no one knows and I know they would support me and I don’t know why I haven’t told them
I’ve been trying to deal with it by myself and don’t want to bother my family with my problems. I want to try and get better for my kids so I’m the person I once was I hate feeling like this but won’t take medication also I’ve lost 5 kgs in the past 2 weeks would this be normal in anxiety?

@Wanderer Hi Wanderer you will never be alone when you are on the forums 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance