Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Jessie21
Senior Contributor

Jessie21 I am back after our big move

Hi everyone we have moved into our new apartment.   It was stressful, crazy times, like mopping floors in old home at 11.45 am when we need to hand over the keys at 12 pm.  Setting up the most important items I need to function, bed, broadband and Foxtel.  Lots of hours on the phone to set up broadband and Foxtel.  OMG meditation was so important and helped me through the process.  The weirdest thing I have discovered that helps me sleep at night is listening to Elvis Presley easy listening songs. Crazy part about it I have never been a fan of his and will not go and see Elvis impersonators.   However I heard him sing Bridge over troubled water, Bee Gees words and Beatles songs and he has such a beautiful calming voice.   I am feeling much safer in my new apartment and trying not to think about my  step daughters 💕

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Jessie21 I am back after our big move

Hey @Jessie21 I'm so sorry you have issues with your step daughters.  You mentioned it last time we spoke.  My relationship with my only surviving relative is not congenial so I get it. I hope you can settle yourself soon with this move as its a major life event.

Re: Jessie21 I am back after our big move

Hi @Jessie21 

That's so great that you're all moved in and feeling safe! It's exhausting though isn't it!

I do believe you have your priorities right in getting the internet and Foxtel set up 😂

Sending hugs 

hanami 💮

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance