Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

simontemplar
Contributor

It's not easy being green

OK I got tired of quoting shakespear and decided on one of the other great minds of our time .... kermit the frog.

For those keeping tabs its 12.04 am and yet another day has passed. They say in A.A its one day at a time, I am sure it should also apply to M.I. The main problem with one day at a time is that before you know it six months (or in my case more than 20 years) goes past. I have been told that quite often it is one step foward, two steps back, two steps foward, one step back...sounds alot like a dance. I have also been told that one day the good days will be more than the bad days, lets hope that will happen soon...

4 REPLIES 4

Re: It's not easy being green

@simontemplar  Hey simontemplar and yea ditto re 'The main problem with one day at a time is that before you know it six months (or in my case more than 20 years) goes past. '. I have to do something ..... life just drags now that I am drugged up to the eye balls with medication to placate me and make me normal .... 

'I have been told that quite often it is one step foward, two steps back, two steps foward, one step back...sounds alot like a dance. I have also been told that one day the good days will be more than the bad days, lets hope that will happen soon...' lolz so true. peax

Love your sense of humour. @simontemplar 

Smiley LOL

For a long time I could not enjoy anything, but gradually those moments grew.  Whether its a small inner smile or laugh out loud. It all helps.

Hang in there.

Smiley Happy

Mickey Mouse is my favourite and he is over 80 years old.   I very much appreciate Kermits wisdom his kindness and thoughtfulness towards his fellow creatures and I love his singing.  Many a gem can come out of the mouth of a cartoon character.   Love to all @jay2

I’m hearing you @simontemplar . 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance