Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Twinklelight
Senior Contributor

I really hope this is the place for me. I really need the help

Iv had a hard life and it doesn't get any better. Everyday is a struggle. Every day I'm tired and worn out. I have no where to turn and no where to go. My hubby want to take the kids off of me which is scary the crap out of me. I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel so helpless and powerless.  I just I had people to talk to on here hopefully and just let it all out

9 REPLIES 9

Re: I really hope this is the place for me. I really need the help

Letting it out is an important step in the process @Twinklelight I hope you gain value.  There are a lot of people struggling with similar things, but we are all completely unique.  One of life's paradoxes.

Have you any health professionals that you can talk to?  They may help you manage your ex and find a compromise that is best for the children. 

There are threads that are light hearted and others that get to the crux of matters.

Take care

Apple

@Twinklelight. I'm glad you posted here. Getting things off our chests can help us sort out what we need to do next. And this is a very supportive, non judgemental forum where you can talk about anything.

It  might be good for you to talk to a psychologist about what you are struggling with, especially in regards to your children. Do you have a psychologist that you see? If not, your GPS can refer you to one under the Medicare system.

There are others here who have similar experiences to you, that may be able to offer advice regarding ex husbands wanting custody of children.

And after speaking with your psychologist, you may feel able to contact a legal service or legal aid, regarding your rights to keep custody of your children.

Thanks @utopia@Appleblossom

I do see  psychologist and she had been very helpful. I also see someone through black swan who are fantastic.  They have help me through so much. 

I'm slowly getting there but have a long way to go and also scared about what could happen.  If I lose my kids because of my mental illness I don't know what I would do. 

Fear of loss is most of the problem.  Work at managing your fear.  Feelings of fear can be overwhelming but are never the whole story of who we are.  I am glad you have some support.  These days having a mental illness is not enough to simply remove children.  There are services that give support in being with children.  Is there a possibility of family therapy or partner counselling?  It seems as if you are still together.

Take care @Twinklelight

Iv ask him to do couple counseling but he won't do it. Some times I do mess up and he uses it against me . I think I just need to pull my head in and get on the straight and narrow and make sure that I'm there for my no matter what  @Appleblossom

I'm glad you have support @Twinklelight. We need people in our corner cheering us on.

I can't imagine how scary it must be to think of losing your children. And your children are worth fighting for.

Thanks @utopia

It's really on here to talk to people

Iv never been on a group thing like this until a friend told me about it and I'm liking it so far. Very supportive 

I came on here 2 years ago after my first hospital stay. @Twinklelight @  And just like you, a friend recommended it to me.

Have a look around different threads here. You can join a conversation at any time on any thread. 

Thanks @utopia

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance