Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: I feel very uneducated, stupid etc

Will be thinking of you lots tomorrow my sister xoxo @BlueBay ❤❤

Hi @BlueBay ,

When you ask for clarity, it is not a sign that you are stupid. Rather, it means you don't want to 'assume' or jump to conclusions. Rather, it is about taking a "curious" stance. The more you ask, the more you learn why people behave the way they do.

Lately, down the grapevine, I heard a colleague was slack and not doing the work they should be doing. So instead of accepting this as fact, I reached out to the person just to see if they were okay.

She then told me the challenges she has been having, and hence couldnt put as much time into her work. By clarifying this, I don't need to hold any judgement if ill-feelings. 

What I'm trying to say is, things are not always as what meets the eye. We need to dig deeper, and this requires questioning.

BPDSurvivor

hello @BlueBay 

Lovely of you to reply to me at a time when so much is going on for you..

I hope that your appointment with therapist helps settle you and enables you to feel supported..

Having tests for lumps is worrying as well..

I am hoping that you receive results quickly and that everything is explained clearly to you..

Remember if you do not understand the explanations from the doctor....let them know that and ask questions about what you want and need to know..

I do this all of the time.

As a patient you have a right to be informed about your health in a way that you understand.

It does not question your intelligence at all...

It questions their ability to adapt to people as individuals..

When we have stress or are unwell our ability to absorb information and understand is decreased as our brain is either in fog mode or overload..

You are doing so well @BlueBay  please remind yourself of this and be proud..

please keep in touch

you are so lovely you really are

Sophia

Hello @BlueBay 

Today I spoke with the counsellor, of whom I've spoken in other posts on the forum. Early in the discussion, I was going over a list that I had prepared about issues and progress. We were talking about my early family experiences. The counsellor, at one stage, offered the statement, "You are a worthy person". Quite unexpectedly, I became distressed. It took me a little while to regain my composure and be able to talk again.

Just wanted to share that simple incident with you. I am over 70 now, and still dealing with issues. All I hope is, with the assistance that you seek and the people with whom you engage on your path, that you make quicker progress than I appear to have done in my life. I think those of us who are aware, or at least exploring our own being, are definitely better off than those who are not able to do so.

Please, don't simply think that "Everyone else is ok, but I'm not". That personal and broader assessment is not the reality. You really are as "ok" as a very large proportion of the people around you. In fact you may even be more ok than many, because you, at least are aware of your feelings, many are not.

With My Very Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Thanks @HenryX for sharing. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance