Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: How to accept help after a life of helping others

@Corny  You are in hospital. Reading through your post, I can hear some of your pain and fear. I’ve been there so many times and know it’s necessary, but very very hard.

Your friend will understand missing her wedding, friends sometimes get it, even if they haven’t walked down our paths.

The depression highway or low way, whichever one fits, is a hell of a ride.

So pleased you have friends visiting today, it will help for a time. Recovery road is long and hard, your psych sounds like he cares, very good to know some do. I have a caring social worker, worth her weight in gold.

Always good to see your name come up and catch up when you can. There’s never any pressure, only as you are able. Sending kind thoughts. 💜💕💜

hearing you @Corny im abit short on words but I did read your post and had lots of feels. I really hope that things will start to look up for you soon. im glad to read that you have support offline too Heart

Lovely to see you here again @Corny 💙

I haven't read yours or others posts as I had eye surgery today to remove a cateract so things are a bit blurry. It's a good thing my fingers know how to hit keys without looking hey.

I'll endeavour to read and reply in a few days. In the meantime, take care.. sending hugs to all. Be kind and generous with self love ok.

Thinking of you..

Hope xo

sending hugs and well wishes for your recovery @Hope4me xo

@Hope4me  💕💜💕💜

Thank you @Maggie @Hope4me @outlander @Shaz51 @Former-Member  for all your support.

No need to worry about replying @Hope4me I am glad to read that you are resting and I hope that your recovery goes smoothly. That was some snow the other week out west eh!

@Maggie @outlander @Former-Member I don't have many words either and I know that each day is a struggle for you all with all the traumas you've lived through, I have lots of support here so channel your energies to yourselves.

My sister knows me so well she emailed me this link.. this is me right here..

https://twitter.com/i/status/1164775790015156225

..how great would it be to be in a Cuddle Coma right now......I hope that you are all comatose soon

Corny xx

cuddle coma sounds really good @Corny
doesn't matter what im going through/been through it doesn't change my wanting to be here for you Heart

A cuddle coma would be heavenly @outlander. Oh thank you lil button you are too sweet for supporting me. I am doing OK, I had a lovely time with my friends on Sunday and my mate who suffers bipolar disorder called me yesterday and we were on the phone ages. She really understands the abandoning parent thing too so that is very helpful and reassuring that I am completely normal.

Of course, being here comes with stress and distress as well as therapeutic support. I'm not the sort of person that can just turn an eye and feel absolutely nothing to some heartbreaking things you see on the ward. It just blows my mind how many young women have ECT, I don't think I ever could, but mental ill health can change so suddenly, so none of us really can say where we may, or may not be with our health and treatment in the future. It takes a lot of energy to not freak out about it, especially when you have terrible anxiety. But just because your symptoms are X for so many years, doesn't mean they can't shift or change dramatically at any time. You realise you can't be too rigid with things and versatility of mind is needed with MI because psychiatry isn't exactly an exact science, and brains are still mysterious. That said, where it is possible, I think the patient should always be involved in the decisions about their care where possible. 

I hope that you are not too symptomatic at the moment Outlander and that you are enjyoing some peaceful times. I will try and pop in again soon. 

Corny xx

Awwww @Corny  ... thats sooo gorgeous!  Feeling decidedly 'comatose' after watching that cute video. Thanks for sharing, and its so nice to see you back again after a longish break. Hi also to some of your other lovely supporters here ... @Hope4me @outlander @Maggie @Shaz51 

Sherry 💜

@Corny  Really cute, animal have a way of doing things, right from the heart.

Good that you have support, there are good people out there. I relate to your ward struggles, some heart breaking stories and lives.

Always happy to be here with my tiny bit of support, you deserve support, you have given, and continue to give, so much. 💕💜💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance