Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: How to accept help after a life of helping others

So sorry to hear about your Mum @Hope4me, how is your mum today HeartHeart

All's well guys;

Mum's home now and fighting fit. She's a fighter and malley bull when it comes to surviving; nothing can keep her down. It's one of her most endearing qualities.

It's been an emotional roller-coaster ride for me so I've kept to myself spending time playing Solitaire online or watching YouTube video's. This helps me stay calm away from upsetting thoughts/feelings; an enjoyable avoidance.

Thankyou again for your support and encouragement.

xo Heart

@Shaz51@Zoe7@TAB@Appleblossom@Sahara

I think there is a bit of an art in taking on the quality of strength from our mothers, without being overwhelmed or intimidated or put off by it.

Heart

Distraction can be good @Hope4me sorry re brief reply am at work

Hey @TAB; totally understandable but well appreciated. Have a great day! Heart

hugs @Hope4me Heart

good to hear your mum is home xx

Oh you are a toper re prev posts other threads @Hope4me 😸😎🎩 lol

Well was funny couple days re work @Hope4me .. had shouting match after offense created by supervisor from site not my company yest and today. Can’t go there. Well even his boss mentioned in passing he has problems. Sigh. Was thinking sickie tomorrow ie last day of job but told we had option of not coming in tomorrow. So won’t be. Was a good drive home in semi derelict truck w flat front tyres re steering Yay 50ks of .. fa arn .. ok it was really cos had captive audience of guy worked with briefly before. So many common experiences. .. even got a few laughs out of him when busted war stories (well work stories) out. Beautiful scenery , had someone to talk to for an hour. Was Good. 😀😸😎🎩 @Sophia1 @Zoe7 @Bill16

Hi @Hope4me hope am not waking up 😇😸

Meant hope not waking you up @Hope4me guess I’m the toper ok long shifts no work tomorrow oh well
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance