Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey everyone

Hi everyone I am new to the forum and I just wnted to say hi and share my story. I am in my mid 30's now and male and started getting panic attacks when I was late 16 due to some rejection by peers and bullying and other life stresses such as exams.

I originally didn't know what it was and tried coping for quite some years before I realized this wasn't going away and I needed more help so I reached out for help especially telling my family what I was going though and tried psychologists and got on the medication train. The current medication I am on has mostly worked but I seem to be having a down period right about now and am not coping very well possibly due to a bit of a life trouble as I am not very happy with the way some things have gone in my life.

However I've also done some great things that I am extremly happy with.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Hey everyone

Hey, I hope you're still around. 
I read your post and your mid 30's and starting to feel heavily the effects of your life and that's understandable! I'm sorry about your Panic attacks. 
I am 23 I'm a single mum I've been sexually assaulted since like seven years old until about a year ago, between family members and a boyfriend I had for eight years my whole childhood pretty much, Who I had my baby with.

struggled from other life symptoms to like bullying rejection death drug abuse alcohol abuse mental health.

Re: Hey everyone

Hey @DÖS welcome to the SANE Forums! I am Jupiter, one of the moderators here.

I can hear you have been through so much and are still so young. I really hope you find some good connection and support here 🌷

Unfortunately, this member has closed their account so will not see your response. I wonder whether you would like to get to know other members by posting on the Introduce yourself here thread? Or maybe create a new discussion thread on the Our stories board.

Look forward to seeing you around the forums Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance