Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

sandym
Contributor

Hearing Voices

Hi there, I hope everyone is doing well. As I was wondering if anyone has a experience with hearing voices. As recently due to a lot stress, anxiety and dipression. And also because of lot of sensatize conversations, directed towards me. Caused me hearing voices. As now it has happened,  I'm looking for a ways to deal with it. So that I can help myself. I will really appreciate your inputs.

4 REPLIES 4
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Hearing Voices

Hi @sandym 

i have had your symptoms but never heard voices. I am sure some will reply.

Have you had a change on medication if you are on any? Any drugs or alcohol with medication? You do not have to answer that. Just putting it out there.

As far as the stress, anxiety and depression go, I hope you are sleeping alright, eating alright and not overthinking things. If so, play some music or watch something light to shift your focuss. Even if for 2 - 5 minutes.

Hi and welcome, @sandym 

I'm wondering if you have any professional support? Like a counsellor, meds, psychologist or psychiatrist?

If not, then the first step is to visit your GP and ask for a Mental Health Care Plan. This will entitle you to 10 subsidised sessions with a psychologist per year. The only thing is that psychologists are so overwhelmed with demand at the moment that it could take 6 months to get in to see one. But it's a good idea to get on the waiting list now. 

You can help this process by googling then ringing round psychologists in your area to ask: are they taking new patients at the moment, what is the wait time for a new patient to start, what are the costs, etc. Then you can take a name to your GP for the Mental Health Care Plan referral. (GPs might not know which psychologists are taking new patients and which have stopped as they are full.)

An important SANE Forums tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

I hope you find the forums supportive...

Thanks so much for your reply. I really appreciate it. But I am just not into music at the moment. Everything else seems to be okay so far. No I am not using any illicit drugs (street drugs) But on opioid replacement therapy [medication name removed by moderators]. I'm doing in the public methodone clinic. If that counts drugs. But it's helpful, if it is, what it is supposed to be. Or what they say it's. Anyway everything I do is under surveillance, broadcasted to general public. So in reality there is nothing much can do about it. It's a gang stalking.

I know about it, but because. My internet is in restricted mode. From the back end, which brings the same results. No matter what I look for. And most of the time, being redirected towards same websites.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance