Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Evie1
Senior Contributor

Fresh trauma

I'm feeling very sad I'm had fresh trauma and I still feel like I deserved and I blame me I have a new term coming up for my study I'm not sure if I can re focus I've told my tafe about it but my teachers don't know and I don't really cry over it but it makes me feel uncomfortable and I need constant distraction from how I feel like my support workers making me laugh and going on fun day trips can someone relate 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Fresh trauma

Hi @Evie1 that sounds like its really painful for you. Please make sure you reach out for support with relevant helplines if you need, it can be tough dealing with it on your own. Hopefully someone can relate, if not this morning, then later in the day. Please be kind to yourself and remember its never your fault. sitting here with you.

Hi @Evie1, it sounds like it's been tough for you dealing with all of that. It sounds like there might've been a trigger in your coursework that's affected you, and I'm sorry to hear it. If you're not comfortable speaking with one of your teachers, or you're not getting the response you might be needing from them, I'm wondering if there might be a counsellor at the TAFE you could speak to instead? I ask that as I've had triggers in an educational setting, and the counsellors I accessed were really helpful to help me work through it. So, to answer your question, yes, there's someone who can relate, and I'm sure other members who will find you soon too. You're not alone. 💙

Hey there. i hope that what i say will provide some support to you. I can hear that right now, the energy and thoughts and feelings swirling inside you seem inescapable and that your accessing a clear space to navigate your studies seems impossible. But i truely believe that while these chemicals may take some time to process and will move like waves thru your experience, there will come times that you can focus your attention on something else. And that your being has the capacity to do this in the not too distant future despite you feeling incapacitated in this regard right now. I believe in this capacity that you have to stay on your study course while honouring the processing that your being is going thru on a level of trauma. I know this as a psyche BA student, single mum, COVID collapsed business owner, living with a partner and sister with BPD and myself having a debilitating physical condition. I so feel your pain and i know too that from everything you have had to overcome so far in your life, you will find the intermittent focus for your studies as well as some self healing time: nourishing soups, walks in nature and quite time with gentle music and calm breathing. Take care love .
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance