Skip to main content

Re: Fragile

Hey @TAB 

How come you moved to SA ?? Ide really love to do that........ 

macro-photography-droplets-luci-rodriguez-13.jpg

Yes. You are intuitive and empathetic re- my youngest son. 

His first issue is he dislikes himself. Three days ago my partner went to his work and gave him his birthday present - an AcDc photograph autographed by 2 of the band members. 

He wrote once to thank me and today write he would like a coffee. 

My situation is definately not the worst story out there..... I just feel very sad he's wasted 4 years in self hatred. 

He has many good friends who gather around him and care for him. 

 your message has helped me. Thank you.

BRONZE-Kevin-Blackwell_Cuckoo-wasp.jpg

TAB
Senior Contributor

um was covid like 3 years ago  living life of Reilly in boulder in 2 br 100yo house w half decent aircon, half stuffed wood heater 535liter fridge freezer, beaut bath, ok lounge, good bed, car, backyard, verandah sat under. was on covid dole, sick of work so wasnt.

then father in SA died (mother died like5 years earlier) While interstate for funeral landlord rings and says selling place. so massive probs with cleaning up, cleaning up yard, had to sell heaps and heaps of stuff not long bought in covid-dole internet spending spree..

went back to caravan park in kelm (perth) (devil you know)  hung out there few months, neighbours got rougher and rougher, homeless camps started appearing etc, eventually got $ in bank fm estate around xmas 2022 think perth was too dear for me to buy . had $250k didnt want to spend the lot. got house in country SA $150k been here since. @PeppyPatti  now trying to deal w health issues and halfway through cert IV TAE 40122 now so will be working again next year hopefully after having barely worked in prev 2-3 years

Reflecting Kelmscott - isn't Gosnells nearby ? I had a boyfriend living in Gosnells back in the day .......terrifying . ......

But there were very very nice people living there too  ....just the caravan park & that..... 

@PeppyPatti self hatred has a significant impact on one’s life, it can make them feel like they are not worthy of support. I hope it gets easier for him and you, therapy is still an option if he at any point feels ready

Dear @creative_writer 

Look at me I'm grabbing you for support I'll let go.

It more like grief for me. because when I offer this to him my Mum will interfere and attempt to stop it. I'll need to speak to my therapist about how to or when I can offer the trauma therapy to him ...... safely if I can.

What I get from Sane forums is being present and self care.  

I truly believe in about 2 years I'll be able to do my honours ....... It's weird studying is so exciting but I only remember exhaustion after handing in a damn assignment lol 😆 

In Psychotherapy - iv noticed if you stop reading - ya kind of lose it. Because I'm not a practicing psychotherapist. The books 

" Narcissism, by Neville Symington 

" words to say it,"  by Marie Cardinal is an eye opener. 

35-awards-wildlife-photography-winners-14.jpg

@PeppyPatti he has to be ready before he is able to benefit from being linked up with a psychotherapist. I know you’ve found one for him, but everything has a time and place. You have to be gentle with him.

Studying keeps the mind active. You do need to keep reading to keep up with the latest research

This is exactly what my psychotherapist is going to say. I won't do anything unless iv got all this sorted ....

@PeppyPatti there is no rush, take your time 😊

Hi @TAB 

Was it awesome just uprooting from Perth and permanently moving to SA ??