Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Fragile

thank you @Krishna@Anastasia Heart

sitting with you @Appleblossom HeartHeart

Sorry about the loss of your brother.  @Shaz51 How old were you at the time?  Younger or older ... makes a difference.  How do you think it has effected you?

Heart

I knew you had not given birth to your own children.but you were strong about your successful step parenting and had received admiration.  I tended to get nil responses or comments that people could not relate to compexity of my situations, I  felt vulnerable, had to back away and be quiet, as it was not something I could boast about even though I had given much time (16 years), dedication, forgiveness, and effort to stretch myself to learn new things.  

I know you did not have lived experience of mental illness or evolved understanding of the concepts involved, apart from your "caring" role. I always got the feeling you were normal and he was not.  One normal and one not can magnify the differences.  I am wary of that kind of black and white thinking, as I have not felt included enough in life to be comfortable that I or any of my family are "normal".  What is the 'normal' replace that with human/biological response to ... such and such ... is my questioning.... about so many things ...

We're all mad here

need some music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojX3ef2Gfgc 

very interesting my sister @Appleblossom 

my brain is going 100 miles an hour here thinking and deciding what to write down 

there is 5 years between me and my brother which my dad never really wanted 

he emotionally and mentally abused me making me think does he really love me at all 

mum and i left as i was soo sick but he kept rejecting me as we live in the same town until his death 

my cousin who is 2 years younger then me has lived with me for years and we have alsways been so close  and i have look at her as my sister i never had 

3 years ago now my sister /cousin has passed away and i had not been able to  say a real goodbye due to family 

what is normal -- i am a step mum but i don`t feel like i am their mum 

someone told me that " there is something wrong with me " ha ha 

yes my mr shaz and his 4 children all have some degree of Mental illness and I think i am in there too acording to mr shaz 

Adge
Senior Contributor

How about some Pumpkin Soup, for a cold windy evening (here it is) @Shaz51 

A huge big pot of it, with plenty for everyone - That's what they do at my fortnightly MH Social Lunch function.

Easy Creamy Pumpkin Soup | RecipeLion.com

@Shaz51 

I really appreciated your first response and that you slowed your brain enough to make some sense of my long post. We have known each other for years. I am glad you had the closeness of a cousin/sister. It would certainly be difficult growing up with a rejecting father.  I think my mother was the more rejecting parent for me, but really both were very unavailable   I was used to being invisible. Somehow felt safer than being seen.

Heart

I guess there are many different types of blended families and step parenting.

Heart

It sounds like your little brother may have been a SIDS baby or died in childbirth.  Did your mother talk about him a lot? It would have been hard for you both.

Heart

I managed to steam black beans in the pressure cooker and cut and glued the felt letters onto the little aqua bag, but not up for much else today.

Feeling quietened and sad. Time to pull my head in.

It is very cold and blustery here.

Love and hugs @Appleblossom ❤❤🥰

Sending you so much love and huge hugs @Appleblossom 💖💖💖💖💖

@Shaz51 No kids for me either but love my fur babies as if they were kids 👍💖

Learned a new word today @Zoe7 

Alexithymia ... which fits me and is something I have spoken about before ... apparently it is normal in my kind of circumstances!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw9MRD3LiZM 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance