Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

Finding yourself again after losing yourself

Hello Forum Friends this may just turn into a venting post so please excuse that as I just need to write things out in a safe space thank you,Finding myself and self growth is taking more willpower and perserverence than I realised I would need in order to move forward in my life,Ive been very much Plaqued currently with the feeling of self doubt and not being good enough especially in regards to special someone and my romantic life,overthinking and paronoia but I am on my meds this week I have been better this week ,I have my forum friends and though in person its at times a lonely journey Im the one who needs to keep myself motivated to move forward and keep perservering,despite self doubt which I realise where the self doubt comes from it comes from a parent who somehow succeded in planting the idea in my head from a young age that Im not good enough,that I wont get married ect ect,I have to keep fighting that critical voice in my head that says Im not good enough,worthy enough,ect ect,its a lonely fight but I do have some supports like here on the forum,Lifeline,my understanding Aunt who I talked to today,my doctor and in future the phychologest/phychiatrist ect I have to find ways to distract myself from negative thinking,find something constructive to do thats outside of my thinking over and over about the same things,something Positive to focus on an outlet maybe even a new outlet to try something creative would be good,if anyone has ideas for creative type outlets let me know but for now Im going back to watching Netflix,today Ive drank lots of coffee and some sweets,but Ive also kept overthinking throughout the day,anyway being cooped up at home as many of us are at the momment with lockdown no wonder Im overthinking,maybe some more online shopping or anyway hope everyones travelling ok thanks for listening,I know deep down that Im not as alone as I feel sometimes but just have to keep reminding myself that Im not alone Heart

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Finding yourself again after losing yourself

@LostAngel 

Your right.. you're not alone.. I think you're awesome and you got this.  Keep at it @LostAngel , You're an inspiration to everyone who has ever struggled with self-doubt including myself. 

My OT reckons Ash Barty's mindset coach, Ben Crowe, is good for when you're feeling not good enough. I don't really get it myself, but you might understand it better than me:

Look on Facebook for abcthedrum/videos/774213796585126

How about taking up baking and cooking. Now that you are in lockdown and you could when feeling confident invite your Auntie or special someone over for a meal that you have made? Much cheaper too than takeaway food and healthier! 🍜🍲

Hi,  I can feel real worry there but you seem aware of this and it's good you have a counselor and support.  Finding a life partner is a good goal to have.  Take one day at a time... Sometimes you can bring up what you want as a joke... Ie let's get married to see how the other person reacts.... Just to put it in their mind... They will wonder if you were serious or not... Try some light hearted humour... It could help..... 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance