Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Gypsy7
Senior Contributor

Finally a physchiatrist!

Hey all, haven't been on here for ages. Can't remember who to tag. Lot has changed. I've finally seen a physchiatrist after waiting months to see a private one. She has me on a mood stabiliser plus my old meds now. Physically I've had a few hurdles so lots of tests to rule out cancerous cysts. I've been doing art again which is great and cooking for elderly neighbour. I'm definately not in depression ATM. My physchologist saw me last week and told me I was definately hypo manic and please take the night med but cos I've been diagnosed with a condition and I need to loose weight I have chosen not to take it regularly as it is very weight gaining. I took half the wafer that night as she feared I would be scheduled using her words. And once more I took a bit, but after being pre menstrual my mood and anxiety went really low and I have to talk bout it with physchiatrist tommorow as that isn't uncommon for myself I have realised and today and this morning I'm back to myself bit bubblier than usual but it's a nice change to be honest. I'm hoping my physchologist didn't contact the physchiatrist as I don't want to lower my anti depressant at all as I fear depression again if I do. Hard to find a happy stable medium. I also had a trigger last week I saw my ex at the shopping centre. Hadn't seen him this close in years. So I had to deal with the initial fear response then the aftershock of emotions that followed. Anyways gonna go 🙂
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Finally a physchiatrist!

@Gypsy7 Dear Gypsy7 you are sounding the best you have in a long time. Good work and take care gp xx

Hi @Gypsy7,

Thanks for sharing this. It sounds like you have found some really good support, which is great to hear. The struggle to find a practicioner who is the right match i sa journey that Im sure many here can relate to, as with the releif of finally finding somebody! 

Seeing your ex sounds like a bit of a headspin...

Do other have any thoughts or advice or managing difficult feelings that can come up following triggering situations?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Gypsy7
Its lovely to see you again and sounding so much more upbeat in a way. I'm glad to hear that you have a good psychiatrist and gp that are (it seems) sort of working together with you to help you!
I can definitely relate to how you felt seeing your ex, i dont think it ever gets easier for me but unexpected sightings are worse. 😞
I hope that your psych appt goes really well and you're able to maintain the meds at what you need.
Take care!

Hi @Gypsy7,

It is great to hear that you are doing so well at the moment albeit still with some struggles. I'm so pleased you have finally been able to connect with a psychiatrist who you find helpful. Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance