Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Family separation

Half cocked
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Paperdaisy You say it's not uncommon what happed to me?  Is this sort of thing happening regularly where families are torn apart because of false allegations and lies?

Unfortunately @Former-Member, @Paperdaisy is right. These situations are not uncommon, even though it can feel like it can't possibly be part of human nature. It really hurts. Relationships are hard and emotions are high and sometimes people don't act with empathy, understanding or civility during separation. To be on the receiving end can zap any positivity and self esteem. I really feel for you 💔

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Sunshineandsea .l appreciate all of the support.  One positive note is l have been approved for another home which is cheaper but it's 100km away. The lease on the current home is running out in early December.  It can be renewed but going up $70 per week. I am struggling at the moment living off food vouchers etc.

Yes, some of our forum members are saying the same thing at the moment. The housing crisis is widespread, moreso than it has ever been.

What will moving that far be like for you? Do you think this may be a positive change?

@Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Sunshineandsea Yes l think it will be a positive change . It's a totally different area.  I like the area l live in now it's a quiet new estate and l have great neighbours. We were the first tenants in this new home in late 2019. It's just like a lot of areas in Australia renting is becoming unaffordable. I see it on TV about Queensland having issues also.

Yes, it might relive some of your financial stresses. One step at a time 💜.

I am logging off for the night now, chat again soon

Former-Member
Not applicable

Something interesting today. I have been on a waiting list for an operation and the hospital pre admission called yesterday and asked to to get a blood test and ecg. I did it this morning and my ex wifes father was there. Didn't speak . I,m not loosing any sleep about it if they want to. be childish.

So weird @Former-Member!! Good attitude. I STILL panic when I see my mother in laws car and she hasn't had anything to with the family for many years. 

How were your tests? I hope not too uncomfortable?? 

X

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Sunshineandsea they were only a blood test and e.c.g. The main concern l now have is getting to hospital and back as l can't drive afterwards for a week or so . My kids were going to drive me but due to this terrible separation l have no one to help me. It's a country hospital and l really need the surgery to relieve constant pain. I don't want to cancel because l have been waiting over 6 months now. The sergeon want to use a country hospital because the waiting list is shorter than Melbourne. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance