Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Eating disorder and more - need a shoulder ......

I hope that you are enjoying your course @Faith-and-Hope and that you are getting some sleep and few pots of hot tea HeartHeart 

@Former-Member You know I am a blurter so I won't comment on your marriage like I have in the past cos once I get going the Ff Ff Ff huh huh Feiiisty comes out and the feisty won't stop. Punky Brewster meets the Karate Kid kung fu style.

But I just wanted you to know, that I truly do understand not trauma, but life changing terror, and that I have intense flare ups too, after all these years.

I guess that's what PTSD is, its burnt into our cells.

I have had a bad day today as well, I was triggered by the sentencing of the perpetrator of the 7 year old in Kogarah that came on the news when I was in a waiting room at a doctors.......reliving it, its just too much some days and we can cocoon ourselves as best as we can, but moving in the world we will inevitably be confronted with the media.

I hope that you are comfortable. It can take a week to bring down the arousal to your baseline.

I won't go on, I am feeling tired & very drained but wanted you to know I care, and totally get it.

Heart

Cuddle Coma Corn

I get it too @Former-Member .... different experiences .... different life ..... different sets of abuse ..... oh I ache for what you went through ..... and you too @Corny.

@Former-Member I think you have been amazing .... I tried to be amazing in a similar way, staying with a soul-sick husband for as long as I could with as much grace as I could muster, trying to find the medical help he needed to maybe, maybe, be able to recover spiritually .....

I didn't fail, but my situation failed, and now I am on a different recovery path that means divorcing him, because there is truly no way back, and no other way to preventing him inflicting further damage over our beautiful baby dragons .....

You are continuing in grace to look after the man who has treated you so shabbily, but in doing so, you don't honour him, you honour yourself by being true to the forces of good grace, kindness, worthiness, and the veneer of respectability he has allowed you to preserve in order to preserve his own facade.

You are amazing, and we see it here, and we respect your reasons for staying ....

Hugs n hugs n hugs n hugs ..... 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜🌷

You will get there @Faith-and-Hope. Divorce will be incredibly stressful and it will probably take longer than you would like but you will find the strength somehow to keep going. You will come out bumped and bruised and probably not the same person.

I most definitely am not the same person I was 10 years ago, and experiences have changed me. But adaptability is one of my greatest strengths, and its one of yours too. I just know guuurrl. You know when you just know! Can feel it in me waters. 

Here are our watery friends to remind you - 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUk3T2Kfno

Vancouver Aquarium: two sea otters float around, napping, holding hands. SO CUTE!

Thanks @Corny ..... 🌽💕

On the run this morning, but wanted to @Smc last night too .... dropping a few balls here and there ..... 

@Former-Member @Adge @Shaz51 @Former-Member .... anyone else around .....

@Corny ..... that is soooo gorgeous, thank you ❤️

So thrilled to read that you have a fur baby @Faith-and-Hope .

Get a whole menagerie.

Next will be the art studio.

👍 @Corny  ..... 

Have I missed something @Faith-and-Hope  a fur baby????

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance