Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Eating disorder and more - need a shoulder ......

I am sorry to have missed your post to me on 28/9 @Corny ...... I am dreaming of an ex-free future somewhere, but when there are kids, even adult kids, in the midst I can't see it being a no-contact in the foreseeable future, unfortunately.  He's mot the kind of narc to just disappear ..... 🙁

There will be a large degree of separation though, and I am thankful for that.

more hugs incoming for you Hon ..... ❣️

Not on break yet @Anastasia.  Mid-year is behind us, but our studies are by remote around Covid.  Thank you for thinking of me, and hugs to you too 💞🌷

Don't be silly @Faith-and-Hope you never have to worry about replying, I disappear from here and stop using the Internet at times for a digital cleanse, its healthy to take a break. It can be so automatic to go online on your computer or phone and if you aren't mindful you can waste hours!

Yes, with the kids and especially with one with disability needs you will have to have some contact with him. But I just hope it is the bare minimum. He does not deserve anymore of your time. I only got rid of my abusive parent who also had NPD through death. And even then he still controlled Mum from the grave. I refuse to be controlled from the grave, he won't have that over me. 

I just hope that you can get some level of peace. He doesn't have the capacity to respect you, if anything he will get nastier and channel it all towards you. They seem to pick on one person, I was the child that drew the short straw there, so I understand the hatred. He is his poodle's problem now.

You don't come across as a self-deluded kind of person, you have your faith, but you don't have blind faith in people.....that is a good thing. It means you can live a life of your own instead of being a servant of some revolting, hairy shoulders, hairy back & crack, man. Eew. (Sorry to all the fellas out there reading, I have my reasons). Corny Heart Heart

❤️ @Corny 

Hi @Corny 

It’s so lovely to hear from you - thank you so much for your understanding Heart

That’s so true! It can take an incredible amount of stamina to live with mental health conditions and there are days when I feel as though I’m running on empty and I just don’t know how I’m going to find the emotional reserves to survive another day.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve experienced two nervous breakdowns and I can’t even begin to imagine what life was like for you during these times Heart Although I’ve never experienced a nervous breakdown, I have experienced something similar and I can honestly say that this was one of the darkest times of my life.

Just prior to making the decision to take some time away from the forums, I found myself shutting down and I noticed that seemingly simple tasks were starting to become overwhelming and increasingly more challenging.

Fortunately, through time, I’ve become better at recognising some of the early warning signs that I’m starting to sink and so (as much as possible) I do what I can to prevent myself from reaching the point where it becomes even harder to find my way back Heart

I think that you’ve raised a really interesting point in relation to peer support Smiley Happy Unfortunately, in my experience, people often make assumptions that if you live with a particular mental health condition, then you’re automatically well placed to support others - especially if you’re living with the same mental health condition as someone else!

Although I passionately believe that people who have a lived experience of mental health conditions hold a wealth of knowledge and expertise that can be used to support others, I also think that it’s imperative that the expectations associated with peer support are realistic and fall within a carefully defined scope of practice. In my experience, considerations such as these, play a vital role in protecting people from inadvertently finding themselves in a position where they’re expected to address gaps in services and / or respond to issues that are ultimately the responsibility of other professionals and / or organisations.

I love your sense of humour and I had a little giggle to myself when you shared ‘I tied to outdo you with hearts - I’m competitive that way’ Smiley LOL I’m not sure if you’ve ever watched the reality television show called ‘Survivor’ but the slogan for the game is ‘outwit outplay outlast!’ Your words reminded me of this and I could visualise people competing in all sorts of challenges with the ultimate goal being to outplay each other with hearts Smiley LOL

Absolutely! It’s hard to believe that lockdown is finally coming to an end and that the world is slowly beginning to open up again Heart With this in mind, I just wondered if there’s anywhere in particular that you’re looking forward to being able to visit once the restrictions ease?

Thank you so much for sharing the YouTube video with me Heart The little baby sea otter is so cute and adorable and I just wanted to pick him up and give him a cuddle Heart

Thinking of you Heart

Take care of yourself,

ShiningStar Heart

Hi @Teej 

i haven’t posted here for a while.  Just bringing some shopping into the house.  Back soon.

💜

Hiya @Teej  👋💜.  So good to see you, even if it’s just for a little while.  I hope you’re doing okay.

It’s been a while @Faith-and-Hope . How are you? 

I’ve been thinking about you too and wondering how you are going? @Faith-and-Hope My social skills are a little bit lacking at the moment. I’ve been a hermit for a long time now 😳

Sorta 🌵, sorta okay @Teej.  I am sure you understand that.  Still in the middle of the Family Law tempest and I can’t see when it is going to let up.  Floating a lot at the mo, swimming sometimes, very tired, but okay-ish.  Hatches are battened down as best I can.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance