Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Jafar
New Contributor

Depression, hopeless to continue life, it's useless.

TW: Sexual Abuse

When i was a child, I was sexually molested by someone,  now I am very unconfident, can't decide, am suffering from uncertainty. 

I kept it secret since childhood,  now I m 35 male divorced, very very desperate. I m isolated,  I don't have anyone here in Australia.  I am unemployed and spend every day in my car when I get up.

Life is useless and worthless to me.

I found here to pour out the long held secret to feel better a bit. Sometimes I think death is very better than such a miserable life.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Depression, hopeless to continue life, it's useless.

Dear @Jafar ,

I'm sorry to hear of your story and how abuse has impacted your life.

Yet I'm also seeing a glimmer of hope in that you have reached out in hope of freeing yourself of this 'secret' you may have kept for a very long time.

I hear you. I do not judge you. 

May being on these forums, and reading of other people's experiences, give you much hope.

I have felt what it is to be in a dark space. I have also felt what it is to get out. Hold on to hope @Jafar .

I look forward to seeing you around on the forums.

Hi @Jafar I echo @tyme - it is very brave and courageous of you to reach out here and tell us how you are doing. That says to me also that there is a glimmer of hope as reaching out is not just such a brave thing to do but gives us an avenue to talk, learn from others and be supported in doing so. 

What you have been through can be sole destroying and should never have happened 😥 Like you and @tyme - I have also been in the darkest of dark places but with the support of this community, I have managed to get through. It is never easy but the first step is reaching out - which you have done - so welcome to the community.

Hi @Jafar ,

I'm so sorry to hear what you have been through. Right now I just had to acknowledge you feeling so alone, divorced and feeling low. Please chat on here as you will receive much support. You are definitely not worthless, from what I understand isolated, living in a car and very much alone. Thankyou for sharing your pain. You are much loved and cared for. Chatting here does help the alone feeling. You are not alone here though life has us believe it. Thinking Of you. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance