Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Depression, Dissociation, Isolation

Hi @jobe 

Yes it's very difficult to know who you are and to be. I'm skating on thin olive at the moment, after 4 days or extreme fighting with our girls and partner I snapped this afternoon and raged badly.

I still feel like I could blow up, the emotional tollits taken on me know one understands. No one even has asked me if I'm ok.

I just wanted someone to have some kindness towards me.

Hey @jobe, thanks so much for your response, sorry I missed it until now. I really relate to what you said about avoiding social situations, because it can be very hard to keep up a conversation when you're struggling to pin down details about your identity and who you feel you are. I find small talk incredibly challenging because of this. Simple questions like "how are you?" often leave me really confused, and like I've been put on the spot with some kind of existential conundrum, haha... *siiiiigh*

Thank you again, it's comforting to know I'm not alone. Have you ever talked to a therapist about these thoughts? I've tried, but it's been hard to convey just how discomforting it is to be questioning my identity and reality so constantly. Anyway, I hope you're doing okay right now ❤️

Try and remain positive. (As hard as it might be).
All the best.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance