Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Depression Dementia Dad

I'll have to deactivate my account here soon as I dear my anonymity has been comprised and so many here hate me / avoid me / and I'm useless to themthem becausevi can't keep up and it hurts me to see so many hurting,  and Faith-and-hope is leaving and my lifwvis pretty muchbover anyway. Well that's how it feels. Andvi don't even belongvhere anymore becausevi am not a carer anymore. But I povevthe caring role, andbim so good at it. Dad really enjoys it when I took him out today.

You do belong here @Former-Member ..... you and others here do an amazing job of self-care in the absence of family ..... @Owlunar and @Adge are two others, and there are more .....

And I will be back at the beginning of Feb, and if you post to me in the Far and Away thread I can post a “Supported” in response, apparently ..... so I can read what you write and continue walking along with you.

Please stay 💜💐

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member

You are still there on the ground ensuring Dad is being looked after and I am sure his care is better because you are around checking in on him. 

I appreciate having you about on the forum and  love your sense of humour.

i missed this tag sorry @Former-Member i had just responded to your money doesnt fix it thread to also find lovely posts from others here for you as well. I agree with what Darcy and Faith-and-Hope have already said. your still a carer, your still ensuring your dads being looked after, still taking him to appointments such as you done today.

I really hope that you stay or are able to delete your account and come back as another avatar so you feel safer. Heart

Yes please stay @Former-Member I think you are wonderful, & very caring, & extremely dedicated to everything that you do.

Adge

@Former-Member, if you dropped out and then rejoined under a different alias, you wouldn't be the first. You could tag whoever you feel safe connecting with in a personal thread to let them know, and let others take you as they find you. If you don't feel safe/anonymous on any particular thread, you can avoid those. Would like to see you continue to contribute.

I'm in a grey zone too re. carer status. Older Daughter lives "independently" and my parents are both in aged care, but I still do a lot for all of them, even though I'm not officially recognised as a carer.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you all, you're very sweet and I still cannot [ √ ] like posts on thiscthread, or edit typos (it won't let me - I knowvhow and asked them to look at it but there's no respect for me),  so sorry about that, and I do appreciate all your kind words. Its a personality fault of mine - that hunger for validation (fear of rejection)

💜💐 @Former-Member ......

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member

In the posts you have written, under your name and avatar is there an icon that says "post options"? This is how it looks on my phone.Screenshot_20181206-161533.png

Former-Member
Not applicable

I know how to edit, I'm not stupid, it works on other threads but this is a tech issue isolated to a couple of threads of mine. If ivwere paranoid I'd believe its engineered to harass me, since my calloyts for help with it go unansweredm . but thanks Darcy. Its possible I guess that its my smartphone, but then why worknon some threads and not others? Its a crazy world. 

I will miss your asking how I am. I'm so over everything atm. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance