Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Deep emotional pains

@Meowmy @outlander 

@MDT @CheerBear 

Yes... deep emotional pain is something i can relate to... a sense of helplessness... a sense of something being wrong... a sense of needing comfort and sympathy... a sense of desperately searching but finding nothing...

@eudemonism @MDT @CheerBear @Shaz51  I contacted the boy who I was close to at Uni ,almost married him, then was made apart by my father. He was initially warm, then didn’t reply when I texted him to get together with other Uni friends. He is now married with children.

I feel sharp pain. I feel very empty. I feel extremely sad. I can’t see meaning in anything. Hope these feelings will pass. Hope I will find meaningful living now my father is dead and I am in my fifties already.

Thanks for support. It really is important.

Deep pains can be very hard to deal with @eudemonism  at least we have forum friends to help guide us along

Hey @Meowmy  im sorry your feeling this pain esp after messenging someone. I can relate well to loss. Can you do something to ease how your feeling atm? Is there something that your passionate about?

hey @eudemonism @Meowmy

Deep pain from the past, memories and suppressed things are always tough. Last week at my temp job I all of a sudden remembered a time when I was in high school and someone got annoyed at me because I wasn't rolling up electrical cords properly. The reason I remembered is because of the task I was doing on the day - the exact same thing. This memory was from over 6 years ago. Weird how that happens.

It's not deep or afflicting, but it's the best example of something that I thought I moved on from and forgot.

Take it easy on yourselves please.

I sometimes think that the best way we can be kinder to ourselves is just accepting what is. I'm not sure what to say though

Hey @outlander how's it going?

@MDT @outlander @eudemonism 

Thanks for care. It’s so helpful. This separation from my Uni friends and the boy I was close to, was exactly when my mental illness started. My father became more controlling than ever, I probably was getting unwell as well, so I was swept away from the normal lives and my friends.

That took twenty five years.

I feel I have to deal with this loss, so the powerful emotions and distress don’t take me to psychosis and hospitals again.

The boy I was close to,even though caring, kind and gentle, he may had found me too smart that he wanted a more traditional woman as wife.

It is very painful at the moment. But I hope going through this will prevent unpredictable bouts of severe anxiety and depression in the future.

Thanks guys, you are so good.

@outlander @MDT @ thanks for care. I have come to accept my life as it is and go on living as best I can.

have you got supports @Meowmy
do you think it might be worth chatting to a psych about how these feelings are affecting you at all or help prevent you to getting to that point you were before?

That's okay @Meowmy
Take care of yourself and be easy

Might be better of letting it go @Meowmy
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance