Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Deep emotional pains

@Appleblossom Thanks for post. I hope I can manage my MI better now,especially with the support of the forum. Funny, I am usually introverted and don’t have many friends or visitors. But since I started working on the true colours of my mother, I even chatted to a few friends I have not caught up for a long time. I felt fine after and a bit liberated.

So may be there is value in working through the past and feel the pain.

Thanks for care and support.

thanks for the support, I find the process to "go back" extermly difficale ( I am dislextic so do wory about the spelling) yes this forum is usfull for supprt and advise. I have been very good a pertending accorss the board in every aspec of my life while living a differant life in my head. Have started the process to heal "the head" start new ways, the reality is self medication works for me copping,their is always a positive side to the process, have made small steps today speaking with people while fishing,better than a bad head to end it...

@Matt12 @Hope you had a good time fishing. It is good to gently let things expressed from the head. I find that I used to struggle daily hourly with Suicide thoughts. Since been on the forum, they are much reduced. When it comes, usually short and mild too.

Wish you a good evening.

@Matt12 @Appleblossom @greenpea @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @Owlunar  hello everyone. Hope we are all traveling ok. I am sitting on the couch writing, feeling a bit better. After all, all the troubles we have could be a lot worse. We all have some sort of mental illness. Here in Australia even though the system is not perfect, but there had always been helping hands. We are still allowed to work a lot of times. In some places, people probably forced to work not get treatment because treatments are too expensive or not available. Our parents may not be perfect, but it could be worse. They could just do a bit of basics and throw us out, At least, my mum still helped me when I was very sick, Compare to lucky people with great parents, I am unfortunate. But there are worse parents.

So that is my observation of the day after beach walk.

Wish you all a good afternoon. Thanks for care.

You are right. It is not a level playing field. @Meowmy but we do the best with what we got.

Heart

@Meowmy That is a good way to think about it Meowmy. I always count my blessings as you are right it could be worse and for many people it is. greenpeaxxx

very true @Meowmy , @greenpea Heart

@Shaz51  Hi Shaz51 :)xxxx

@greenpea @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Faith-and-Hope @Owlunar  hello everyone. Last night, after walking on the sand, I felt body tired and sad, so I went to bed early and rested. Very hard this morning to see mum grumpy,moaning and want all her ways and want to be pampered. I found it so hard and went back to bed. Didn’t go for morning walk. Felt better to see the posts everyone wrote. Hope to hear from you soon.

@Appleblossom @greenpea @Shaz51 @Matt12 @Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7  think now my difficulty is how to get through living with dementia mum who was abusive to me. I get the nurture here from the forum which I never did from my parents. I need to be able to live independently, look after myself. I don’t know how it would work out when my mum passes, I need somewhere to live.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance