Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Daughter Catatonic

So true @Appleblossom  Many a thought passes through my head as to how I could have done things differently but then looking back over the years, I know I did the best I could. Always supportive patient with love at the heart of each decision made, even when at times tough love was required. My girl is soon to turn 27 and I haven't really had a close relationship with her since she was 18. I've realised that during these past 9 years she's really only made contact when needing money so now that this isn't an issue, there's really no need for her to call me. As much as that hurts, it is what it is. My door is always open and she knows that. Have had a lazy day today soaking up this glorious Autumn sunshine. Self care indulgence and loving it. Having a wonderful son who is doing really well with this "life" thing is reassuring that we were good parents and I have to remind myself of that as my son often does xx

Thanks @Shaz51 . Very much a relaxing mindful pastime. ❤️

@Appleblossom  What form of artwork do you do? I'm sorry to read you also have a daughter absent from your life. All my nieces and nephews recently had a gathering with all their children as well. I just couldn't face attending, although it probably would have been good medicine, but seeing them all together and making good lives for themselves just makes me sad for my girl having made some really bad decisions and now paying the price. I just hope one day with the right meds and support she will be able to live and not just exist. What else do you do to cope?

Not really arty or crafty ... but I have done a lot of different things from tapestry, sewing.  I grew up with painterly arts being valued, but never really took it up.  I enjoy gradually watching my aestheics take form around me,  in the home, in sculpting my garden.  Cos of a lot of prejudice and bullying over me, I like to be careful about colour and prefer colours that nature gives us ... tho ... I love the Golden Age in Painting, in the real, in literature and in the imagination.

Johannes Vermeer - 17 Artworks, Bio & Shows on Artsy

and not just being the subject of the male gaze

Johannes Vermeer | Biography, Art, Paintings, Girl with a Pearl Earring,  Woman Holding a Balance, The Milkmaid, & Facts | Britannica

The Last Painting of Sara de VosI found this a little gem of a read ...

Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance