Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Calling all Sydneysiders VIVID for the mood

I am not currently in the Sydney area but for those of you who are, how many of you will be attending the VIVID light shows in central Sydney?  They look incredibly impressive to me and like the type of thing that would lift the mood.  IS anyone going?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Calling all Sydneysiders VIVID for the mood

Hi @Former-Member

Yes myself and husband are going again. It really is a wonderful experience seeing the city lit up and the mood is invigorating 😊

Cool, I really really want to go myself.  Next time I am able to get to Sydney in the winter I am going to time it around the festival because it looks beyond the pale cool. Next month in my nearest metropolis there is a really cool festival called the "Rose Festival." My nearest metropolis is Portland, Oregon, USA in relation to where I am currently living.  I miss Australia.

When I use to live on a farming property @Former-Member I had 200 rose bushes 🌹 They would make for a spectacular display a few times a year and people would visit to view them. I miss them. I would really love the Rose festival, sounds beautiful - enjoy 😊 

hi @Former-Member

i'll be going. i think it opens tonight so it iwll be very busy. i have a confused relationship with crowds. crowds make me happy (because eeveryone is excited and i guess that makes me excited) but it also feels claustrophobic and ic an't do everything i want to do.

so i'll wait for a happy middle ground when it's busy but not crowded 🙂

i've been quite a few times. it's nice. it's not like, super amazing or anything liek that but it's kinda cool to just look at and an excuse to wander about. but it's cold now so bring a jumper!

Yes, I will definitely bring a jacket. Syndey is such a beautiful city, it is my favorite huge city. I like living in medium sized large cities.  For example, I love Portland, it is surrounded by parks and relatively small 2.4 million metro area.  The Australian city that is closest to it in character is Adelaide.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance