Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

saltandpepper
Senior Contributor

Breathe.

Hey everyone,

I find it very hard to admit this but I am struggling right now. I'm in a state of depression that is all consuming. It's not the first time, it won't be the last, but I'm struggling with it more than I usually do. My moods tend to swing between being positive and motivated, to negative and losing all motivation for living. At the moment, it feels painful even to breathe. There's a weight in my chest, it feels like I'm drowning. Feels like everytime I get into this state, it becomes that little bit harder to pull out of. It becomes that little bit easier to let go. It becomes all consuming.

So, here I am. I guess, I'm reaching out to make connections and hoping to find strength here.

Cheers all.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Breathe.

hi there its jazz a moderator, welcome to the forums.

sounds like things are tough right now so be kind to yourself. 

can anyone else relate?

Please if your feelings escalate and things get worse, dont hesitate to call life line 131114

Hi Jazz, thanks for the welcome. I will take note of the number, but I’m not real comfortable on the phone, but thanks for the info.
Cheers
Moonstone
Senior Contributor

Hello @saltandpepper, my name is Moonstone and I'm one of the forum moderators here at SANE. I wanted to check in to see how you're doing today?

Sounds like you were experiencing some very stong, consuming feelings on the weekend. I know a lot of people on the forums can relate to that sense of drowning and struggling to find a way out of it.

Do you have any strategies that help lift you out of that all-consuming state that you'd like to share with us?

Perhaps others might also be able to respond to this post with some tools or strategies that they find helpful when the feelings become overwhelming. 

I'm super glad that you reached out and shared how you were feeling with us. Please let us know how we can best support you 🌻🌻🌻🌻

Hi @Moonstone I'm doing a lot better now than I was. I've been chatting to a few people on the forum which has helped immensely. I really don't have strategies in place, just waiting it out until things get easier again. Thanks for checking in, I'm OK

I'm so happy to hear that you've been chatting with others on the forum and it's been helping @saltandpepper. Sometimes waiting it out is all we can do, knowing that at some point there will be a shift, no matter how big or small 🌺 🌸

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @saltandpepper . I understand how you feel. I don't get that positive and motivated however, if anything I just feel content, I guess is the word.

But I feel the same way about how you mentioned feeling like you're drowning, and it's time consuming, no motivation, etc.

Are you ok? Take care.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance