Skip to main content
Forums Home

Carers Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Boyfriend just seemed to switch off from relationship

I'm seeing my psychologist and trying to keep busy.  It's been a weird experience for sure.

How are you doing @SchnauzieGirl

Highlighted

Hi Ali11

Thank you for your message.  I'm going ok.  Boyfriend has re-emerged, kind of.  We're friends and building on things.  He seems to have his reasons for removing himself from the relationship.  I'm pretty sure he's bipolar but I know his triggers now and how best to handle different situations as they arise ... maybe.  When he's good, he's good.  I'll be a lot more guarded this time as I'm more aware of things.  It's been an interesting time, for sure - 7 weeks tomorrow since he broke up with me.  

Glad to see you're okay @SchnauzieGirl, and friends is a good start so you can build the trust again. Often we blame ourselves if someone drifts away for a while, but it's difficult to know what they're going through and if they've been triggered by something completely outside the relationship we have with them. Sounds like you've got a healthy attitude going back into things with him Smiley Happy 

Further information:

For urgent assistance, call: