Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Bipolar and now Cancer!

Hey @ManicMum 

I am living with a diagnosis of colon cancer, went through the treatment five years ago - never met anyone else who had a preexisting mental health issue before a diagnosis of cancer, but touched base with loads of people who found the chemo and invasive treatments for the cancer to be traumatising and led to ptsd.  Cancer council in Australia needs to lift its game.  

Tag me when you need.

Hi Jo-anneJoy,

Thanks for your post it was good to hear from someone in a similar situation. Having both severe chronic mental illness and undergoing chemotherapy is hard enough but during during COVID-19 makes it even more difficult. Some days I just feel like everything is against me and I can't access face to face supports at the moment. Take Care. P.S. How do I tag you into a post?

Hey @ManicMum, to tag another member put a @ in front of their username Smiley Happy 

@ManicMum 

And it is so unfair, you know....should be a Law out there that says, if you have

a severe chronic mental illness then you're exempt from having Jimmy Dancer pay 

you a visit.

Really...how much can a koala bear?    

Hi @ManicMum  and @Jo-anneJoy  so glad you have found each other.  I have bipolar 1 and complex PTSD and also had a brush with cancer years ago.  If you want to chat with me then @tag me and I'll try to respond in a more timely manner.    

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance