Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Noels
Casual Contributor

BPD

Hello 

feeling very frustrated with our mental health system can’t get my son into a psychiatrist!!! Have been trying for months the wait is too long it’s so frustrating. I feel like something is going to explode his struggles are real his so exhausted he has BPD and need to see someone to help him his Medicaid in need of review also.

Im at my wits end try to get help!!!

12 REPLIES 12
TuxedoCat
Senior Contributor

Re: BPD

hey there @Noels, I'm TuxedoCat, one of the peer workers here. This sounds so stressful, I imagine you're really worried for you son ❤️ I had to wait 6 months to see someone last year and it was really stressful.  

Are you looking for some other options? 

Some things which could be helpful are

• Finding a DBT skills program for your son. This therapy can be super helpful for folks with DBT
  • You could also see if you are eligible for the SANE guided service (it depends on your postcode). We support plenty of folks with BPD. Click here for more info https://www.sane.org/referral 

I thought I'd share a few other resources which could be helpful for you

Is this the kind of thing you were looking for? 

Paperdaisy
Peer Support Worker

Hey @Noels Welcome to the forums. This must be incredibly frustrating for you. I hope you can find some support soon. In the meantime I will tag some of our community guides as they may have some suggestions. Take care and all the best!

@Shaz51 @Anastasia @Eve7 @NatureLover @Snowie @Faith-and-Hope @Flying_Hams @Judi9877 

Snowie
Community Guide

Hi @Noels and welcome to the forums.

I hear you and your struggles are real. It is hard getting into psychiatrist. I only got into one by ringing around myself and doing the first appointment privately.

I hope you are able to get into seeing someone soon.

We are here for you.

David_888
Senior Contributor

@Noels 

Manmade as well as natural electricity goes against our head.

We shape it as the sub, con, suss. It's always a shadow.

It's good that he/she is piercing this shadow. But no doubt they may experience bouts of motivation hence the ups and downs.

If/when the downs come It's good to remember that there is physical activity going against our heads so that's the downs can be steadily turned back to the ups again.

Noels
Casual Contributor

Thank you

i need as much support as I can and any suggestions x

Noels
Casual Contributor

Thanks 
I am in NSW Sydney. Happy for any help please. Appreciate it.

Hi and welcome to the forums @Noels.

Forum tip:

Clicking the @ button will give you a drop-down menu of the last 5 people to post here, so you can “tag” the person you want to respond to.

My experience is not with BPD, but there are a lot of wonderful people here who do, both loved experience and carers for loved ones.  I am glad you found us.

Hi and welcome, @Noels . 

@TuxedoCat  and @Snowie  have great suggestions above, plus I'm going to tag @BPDSurvivor  and @tyme  who have great insight into BPD.

A handy forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

I hope you find the forums supportive...

Noels
Casual Contributor

@NatureLover @Faith-and-Hope @David_888 @Snowie @Paperdaisy 

Thanking you for any support and suggestions I’m finding this site a bit hard to navigate around lol I will work it out

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance