Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Thanks for your message @Anastasia ...how are you feeling today?

I hope you were able to rest yesterday...

The new manager seems good so far...my boss is handing over this Thursday, but will still be in the office helping till the 5th. 

Sending 💚 and good vibes for you and your boy...

@NatureLover 🌷🌻

@NatureLover wrote:

Did you ever have a period of scarcity in your life? I had, and it definitely affected me long-term. 

When I was very young, and my mother was working, we lived pretty well. But when she got her injury and had to leave the job and go on a pension, we were poor. I remember being sent to school without food for lunch, and a friend would feel pity for me and give me something from their lunchbox occasionally. Looking back on it, I feel guilty, and it probably contributed to the fact I hoard things like I never have enough. Also, I have this memory of the distinct smell of the hospital in my house growing up. My mother would spend most days cleaning. She never taught me to clean 'cos she had to do everything her way. Now I am obsessed with cleaning, but my house is always messy. It's weird. 

Hello @NatureLover 

I'm not great however I had to soldier on and go in today. I did what needed to be done "in person" today so will work from home the next two days. A quick telehealth appointment with GP and a repeat on prescription. 

I am so happy.your new manager seems good, ah what a relief 🙏✔️

Keep taking care dear NL, sending you much ❤️💚💛

Thank you, dear @Anastasia ...how are you feeling today? I hope much better...

I had a day off the forums yesterday - actually it was a day off everything! I stayed at home and did nothing except rest, read and eat. I really needed to not think about anything...things have been a bit over-busy in my real life lately. The house has got into a frightful mess, so today I need to do a lot of tidying up. But it's all good. 

I haven't caught up on anyone's news yet, am about to do that now. 

I'm glad you can work from home today. Much thoughts and 💚 to you...

@Emelia8 wrote:

@NatureLover 🌷🌻

Dear @Emelia8 , how amazing for you to visit when you have so much pain and so much on your plate - thank you. Have just caught up with your thread - I see you are doing amazingly, arranging everything for your hubby's funeral. And also that you are struggling to eat, drink, and remember to look after yourself 💔 This is not surprising...I hope you can put some reminders around the place to help you remember.

Am thinking of you lots, was thinking of you yesterday despite being away from the Forums. Sending heaps of 💜 and wishes and thoughts at this incredibly difficult time for you.

Hi @Former-Member ...I'm not surprised you had some scarcity in your life - hunger makes a huge impact. I've been hungry a lot in my adult life, and now I hoard food. (Not as a result of the pandemic - I did it for ages before that, and obviously couldn't do it last year.)

Hoarding and contamination OCD clash, I find. They are hard to manage when each makes the other harder. So my house is messy like yours, with too much 'Stuff', all of which needs disinfecting and which piles up waiting for me to have the energy to do it. 

I'm really sorry you suffered scarcity. 😞

Oh @NatureLover they've sent him home and he has a potentially life threatening rash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying to reach dr now

Oh no, @Anastasia ! Really hoping you can get an emergency doctor 🤞

Sending urgent wishes out to the Universe for you...

@Anastasiahoping you were able to get your boy look after hun. I hope he is ok my love.

thinking of you and your boy. 💗

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance